About Vitacost: Vitacost.com, Inc. is a leading online retailer of health and wellness products. Vitacost.com, Inc. sells these products directly to consumers through its website, . Vitacost.com, Inc. strives to offer its customers the broadest selection of healthy living products, while providing superior customer service and timely and accurate delivery.
Vitacost is now part of Kroger a $100+ billion dollar company poised to greatly enhance and grow on-line experiences worldwide! Future opportunities abound!
The SEO & Content Marketing Specialist supports Vitacost’s initiatives to maximize the company’s placement in organic search engine results across all devices.
This is achieved through on-page optimizations of category and specialty pages, link building and leading technical SEO enhancements with our IT teams. Success is measured through KPIs such as page ranking, natural search engine visits and revenue.
This role also works closely with the Vitacost content team on the creation and optimization of content for our VitaVibes blog including articles, infographics and videos.
Essential Job Functions
· Grow organic search traffic, and associated revenue, to Vitacost.com
· Provide ongoing keyword research for search engine optimization and provide to cross-functional teams including Marketing, Merchandising and Site Operations.
· Support the Content Team with keyword trend data used in the content strategy for the VitaVibes blog and promote SEO best practices
· Utilize internal tools to provide on-page optimizations of category pages and create internal linking strategy
· Create effective external linking strategies
· Provide reporting and analytics reports on performance as well as uncovering potential issues’
· Be the SEO evangelist for Vitacost
· Support the Site Operations team with ad hoc requests and projects
Minimum Position Qualifications
· 2+ years of hands-on SEO and content marketingexperience
· Proven knowledge of various disciplines of SEO and ranking factors
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations or related Communications field
· Experience creating or optimizing marketing content
· Familiarity with Google and Bing Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics. Adobe Analytics and Conductor experience is a plus
· Demonstrated ability to present actionable information to business stakeholders
· Exceptional written and verbal communication/presentation skills required
· Ability to identify opportunities and act on them is required (self-starter)
· Ability to prioritize projects with minimal supervision; must be impeccably organized
· Expertise in Excel