What you’ll be doing...
Support roles are critical to the success of every function at Verizon. Enjoy the challenge of bringing organization and efficiency to a variety of global, cross-functional projects.
The Digital Marketing & Demand Activation team at Verizon is hiring for a SEO Manager to play a key role in creating comprehensive online marketing strategies, in partnership with our agencies. This role will contribute to an omni-channel strategy, execution, and analysis via SEO best practices and innovation. We are looking for a passionate search marketer with extensive background in SEO/SEM, content strategy, and data-driven marketing. The ideal candidate will actively contribute to our search strategy knowledge base as a subject matter expert and execute against large-scale campaigns with guidance, working within interdisciplinary teams. This is a unique role to work within a dynamic group that is defining the future of digital marketing for a Fortune 15 business.
- Develop cohesive, compelling SEO strategies that guide the development & content processes
- Serve as a trusted consultant, practitioner, and advocate for the SEO discipline
- Manage a team with diverse skills sets including technology, content, social and media
- Communicate strategic visions to internal stakeholders and help disperse the strategy to the greater organization
- Partner across business units (Marketing, IT, Consumer Insights) to build a holistic search approach that aligns with business objectives and drives sustainable growth and delivers a best in class SEO strategy
- Establish and promote SEO guidelines, best practices and standards across business units
- Collaborate closely with the Development and Visual Design teams to ensure SEO requirements are deeply integrated into applications
- Maintain expert level understanding of latest industry trends, guidelines, and algorithm changes
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Seven or more years of experience in SEO/SEM in a digital/interactive/mobile/web environment.
- Expert level knowledge of paid, owned, and earned media landscape (PPC, Display, Affiliates, Social, PR, Mobile, Native, etc) including search engine algorithms and search engine user behavior.
- Ability to communicate the value of SEO/SEM, Branding, Content, and IA have on KPIs and business drivers.
- Proficiency in relevant web design principles, UX/CX best practices.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of Adobe AEM.
- Intimate knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of various data sources and the ability to know when to use which research tool.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to rapidly build expertise on new businesses and industry verticals.
- Willingness to simultaneously tackle multiple projects and challenges.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams in high pressure situations.
- Experience of managing agency teams.
- Expertise in managing complex, enterprise-level SEO campaigns.
- Experience performing enterprise site audits focused on accessibility, content and technical requirements.
- Expertise in managing cross-functional business requirements as they relate to SEO and content strategy.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-moving, highly competitive environment.
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, CSS, JavaScipt, HTML5.
- Experience with keyword research, density analysis, reporting, and link building tools (Google Search Console, Moz, SEMRush, BrightEdge, etc).
- Deep experience in Google Analytics and SiteCatalyst (Coremetrics, Webtrends, etc) GA IQ Certification.
- Experience optimizing enterprise level Content Management Systems.
- Deep knowledge of webmaster tool.
- Experience in Telecommunications or Fortune 100 search marketing.