The SEO Manager will be responsible for various internet marketing activities, primarily focused on developing and executing search engine optimization strategies and tactics and performance analysis. They must possess exceptional hands-on technical knowledge, as well as client communication skills. Account Managers must have superior analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills as they will be expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously under strict timelines and budgets. Account Managers must have prior account management and/or SEO experience. The Account Manager role requires initiative and a self-starter mentality as this role will own and drive campaign strategies and implementation for clients while working closely with management and team members.
- Works directly with clients in planning and implementing search engine optimization strategies that drive and results to clients.
- Communicates regularly with clients on status, timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items.
- Provides regular reporting and updates on performance to clients.
- Manages and executes online marketing strategies including but not limited to: search engine optimization, social media, and content optimization and development.
- Extracts insight from varied data sources, identifies relevant trends and provides well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives.
- Exhibits clear understanding of overall client brand messaging and goals, and manages the development of content for search engine optimization purposes, including but not limited to, keyword generation, blog and social media copy creation and website copywriting.
- Works closely with key team members including, but not limited to, Management, SEO Technicians and Specialists, as well as team members in other functions, to ensure client success.
- Manages SEO Specialists
- 3-5 years’ experience in SEO, search engine marketing and/or website management/development
- Familiar with and passionate about online marketing, problem-solving for clients, and SEO
- Strong client relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving ability
- Advanced problem-solving skills for websites and technical SEO implementation experience including: on-page SEO factors and site architecture improvements, along with knowledge of content management systems
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Understanding of HTML, FTP, and CMS programs
- Results-and detail-oriented
- Enjoys working in a fun-loving and collaborative environment
- BONUS: Understanding of paid search engine marketing
- BONUS: Website user experience and conversion optimization