At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Search Engine Optimization Manager responsible for defining the market opportunities, marketing, & analysis/optimization of the organization's services and/or products which may include consumer & market insights, digital marketing, advertising, and analytics. He or she may be allocated to focus on a particular component of the marketing life cycle and or channel. This is Senior/Management level position which requires expert knowledge and little to no instruction.
Responsibilities are applicable based on the position focus/channel
- Helps to identify, analyze/execute new and potential product/services, markets, and advertising opportunities.
- Collects and analyzes data on established and prospective customers, competitors, and marketing channels/sources.
- Prepares reports that interpret consumer behavior, market opportunities/conditions, marketing results, trends, and investment levels.
- Investigates & evaluates marketing methods, consumer insights, advertising channels, and their results in an effort to continually improve results.
- Prepares & presents materials/findings both internally and externally for the marketing focus/channel he or she supports.
- Provides insights which facilitate the development of plans for partner promotion
- Executes against partner marketing plans to deliver results that exceed defined objectives
- Provides World Class Marketing Client Service Management by creating synergies with our internal teams & Academic Partners which empower us to exceed our objectives.
- Creates buyin from multiple constituents in a collaborative crossfunctional environment
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in Marketing or equivalent discipline OR appropriate combination of experience and education
- Minimum 5 years' experience in SEO
- Minimum 3 years' experience managing a team of SEO Analysts.
- Sr. level position requires expert level experience in the following areas:
- Specific knowledge about search engines and their ranking algo's.
- Deep knowledge of SEO practice and methodology, including architectural and design competencies, content and writing knowledge; as well as off-page link and promotion understanding.
- Expert understanding of SEO KPI's and reporting/analytical tools
- Very strong knowledge of Web Analytics applications such as Google Analytics Experience with a wide variety of Content Management Systems, Web Site Architecture, and knowledge of HTML
- Experience with web analytics and a/b testing applications
- Experience with the development, management, analysis, reporting and forecasting of media campaigns
- Experience in or with digital marketing for lead generation, channels, sources, best practices and KPI's.
- Experience managing out-sourced vendors