Kabbage is blazing a trail in big data & fintech and we are looking for a SEO Lead to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. While we've received numerous awards and recognition—such as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, GlassDoor’s Best Places to Work, and Forbes FinTech 50—it is our people, our culture, and our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Develop the strategic direction for Kabbage’s SEO channel, local search efforts, and for managing on-page and off-page search. You'll develop and implement new tactics to drive growth and to maximize the natural search channel as a whole. With a past history of success driving organic traffic, you'll creatively think outside the box, and work on multiple projects, with results-driven goals at the top of mind and of course, top of page.
What you'll be doing:
- Execute and grow link development campaigns to maximize relevance and conversion, working with Kabbage’s in-house SEO resources.
- Conduct SEO assessments/audits on websites from a technical, on-site and link development perspective.
- Manage and optimize onsite search to ensure relevant results and a positive user experience to assist in driving sales.
- Ensure on-page optimization best practice implementation.
- Write specification documents and design experiments to test new strategies and opportunities for growth.
- Analyze experiment results and pushing forward next steps at a rigorous pace.
- Manage and enhance current technology platforms supporting our SEO program (ranging from Moz to Majestic) and test new tools that can drive greater program efficiency.
- Stay ahead of industry trends in SEO and serve as an internal center of excellence on all aspects of SEO, sharing knowledge and ideas with the broader team.
- Drive implementation and maintenance of title & meta tags, URL redirects, 404 errors, robots.txt file., & Google Search Console parameters.
- Design and implement tactical and strategic deliverables around link building, site analysis, and teaching others about your passion for all things SEO!.
What we're looking for in you:
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it; exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Informing: Sharing information and keeping people informed about what is happening.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and change.
- High Standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be above average.
What you should have:
- A strong sense of curiosity.
- Must have 5+ years of experience with SEO.
- Practice of SEO theory and applied techniques including web ranking, link analysis, data analytics, etc.
- Documented link-building and off-page SEO successes.
- Knowledge of website technologies such as platforms and CMS's, and the ability to communicate technical SEO requirements to our development teams.
- Familiarity with SEO reporting platforms & tools..
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, we think our people are awesome, so we created the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.