At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
The Senior Financial Writer is a member of Capital Group’s broader Marketing team and will produce creative, customized content for the Defined Contribution (DC) segment of our business. As a Senior Financial Writer based in Los Angeles, you will collaborate with sales, Investment Services and the broader marketing team to create compelling content and messaging for the DC market place. The core audience for this content includes prospective investors, advisors, consultants and intermediaries. Responsibilities:
- Develop original content across multiple channels: digital properties, white papers, conference presentations and pitch books.
- Partner with DC Strategists and Retirement Specialists to produce compelling content to promote Capital Group in the DC landscape.
- Translate complex ideas into compelling, sophisticated and informative pieces.
- Establish Capital Group as a thought leader in the DC segment and the retirement practice management. Demonstrate a deep knowledge of behavioral finance issues.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and product teams to create incisive content on industry trends as well as our products and solutions. Come up with innovative ideas on messaging that is visually engaging and differentiates Capital Group in the market place.
- Be digitally savvy. Utilize digital tools to analyze and understand the impact of our messaging in the market place and adapt accordingly. Stay up-to-date with digital tools and actively use them in developing content and messaging.
- Keep abreast of company, industry, and regulatory changes and internal initiatives.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional writing experience, with at least 5 years of experience in the financial services industry, specifically the retirement space.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into compelling, audience-appropriate communications.
- A portfolio of editorial content that exemplifies superb writing skills and an ability to develop creative solutions, from succinct promotional copy to long-form articles or reports.
- Digital Channel Dynamics: Deep understanding of current digital tools, channels, trends and customer engagement, fluency in Social Media, Search, content Marketing and how to modify content to best deliver engagement with these different tools.
- Combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines. A self-starter who can work cross-functionally and thrives in taking risks or trying out new ways of doing things.
- A bachelor’s degreerequired; emphasis on journalism, marketing, economics or related field strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills. Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
Req ID: 16802