About the role
You are perfect for this role if your passion and experience lie in research or journalism. You are comfortable working with large data sets and are skilled at representing that data accurately while also bringing it to life. Your knack for distilling complex concepts and making information shine is a strength. You can write short- and long-form pieces, while considering tone and flow. You pay attention to research trends and the future of content consumption.
Zillow is seeking an experienced writer to produce engaging, data-driven storytelling that connects with consumers and key B2B rentals and real estate audiences.
The centerpiece of your work in this role will be writing the Zillow Group Consumer Housing Trends Report, an annual exploration of how Americans buy, sell, rent, and think about home.
You will also be responsible for producing original content derived from the Consumer Housing Trends Report and other original Zillow data, aimed at consumers and rentals and real estate professionals.
This role requires next-level collaborative skills, as outputs will be developed at the direction of multiple stakeholders including Brand, PR, Insights, and Econ.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Produce a multi-chapter, 150+ page written report in response to a detailed outline.
- Write articles, features, website copy and interactive content that aligns with Zillow’s strategic priorities.
- Multi-task efficiently to quickly create accurate, ready-to-publish copy.
- Work with designers, video producers other creative collaborators.
About the team
Zillow Group Studios is the production arm of the Brand Marketing Team, providing a range of content, design and video-related services that help internal clients meet their goals. This includes everything from content strategy and resource center development and management to making great creative. As an added bonus, the view from our office comprises Puget Sound and, weather permitting, two mountain ranges.
Who you are
- 5+ years’ experience in research reporting, journalism or grant writing
- Proven track record producing reports and/or large-scale editorial projects
- Ability to bring data stories to life while maintaining the integrity of the data
- Adept at research, sourcing and have an understanding of both online and phone reporting
- Knowledgeable about AP style
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs and content management systems such as WordPress
- Data visualization understanding is a plus
- Experience writing for digital media company or consumer brand a plus
- Must truly love this stuff.
Get to know us
Zillow Grouphouses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.