- Oversee scientific content creation for the Communications team.
- Collaborate with colleagues on developing key messages and messaging frameworks for major initiatives and launches.
- Manage content for publications and collaterals. Includes drafting, editing and working with stakeholders to finalize all content for newsletters, annual reports, fact sheets and other collaterals.
- Write and manage all content for the Allen Institute website, www.alleninstitute.org.
- Write and work with internal and external stakeholders as needed for press releases related to scientific publications, product and resource announcements and other scientific news items.
- Collaborate with colleagues on storytelling and interviews for signature Institute videos.
- Review and edit white papers and content as needed for publicly available resources, www.brain-map.org and www.allencell.org.
- Review all scientific publications, abstracts and posters across the Institute.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent interpretive and writing skills across a range of mediums (news articles, press releases, scripts).
- Experience writing about science for a variety of audiences.
- Experience in an institutional, non-profit or agency environment.
- Ability to oversee complex writing projects and synthesize input from multiple stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to travel as required, up to 25%
- PhD in neuroscience, biology or related field preferred.
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency and self-motivation, with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Skills in Adobe Creative Suitepreferred.