Reporting to the Workforce Management Manager, the Senior Workforce Analyst will be responsible for delivering best in class forecasting, scheduling, and intraday management solutions to our Contact Centre partners, with a heavy emphasis on data analysis and teamwork to drive consistent improvements.
- Forecasting - Analyze and combine key forecast elements with past and future operational events to produce long term/short term/intraday forecasts within a variance target. Provide post incident analysis on any variance to target. Maintain detailed event logs of incidents impacting Operations for use in future forecasts.
- Capacity Planning - Use forecasting models to preplan: Headcount requirements; hiring/training cycles; shrinkage management; future project/marketing initiatives in order to: improve staff productivity and work-life balance; achieve business goals; as well as define Operational budgets.
- Scheduling - Own overall agent scheduling responsibilities, including, but not limited to: the production and maintenance of optimized work schedules; vacation schedules; special event schedules; and bank time management. Provide gap analysis and mitigation solutions when business goals are at risk of not being achieved.
- Performance Analysis - Continually analyze key performance metrics to identify incidents, trends, and patterns on agent and operational areas of opportunity, and collaborate with Operations to resolve them.
- Document Policies and Procedures - Maintain complete and accurate information on Workforce policies, procedures, rules of engagement, and exceptions by Operation.
- Intraday Management - Monitor key indicators, as well as queue and agent activity in real-time. Maintain open communication with Operational leaders to coordinate changes to: optimize performance and productivity; mitigate negative impacts to business goals; and activate business recovery plans when needed.
- Team Request Handling - Monitor, action, and respond to incoming requests to the general inbound Workforce email box.
- Subject Matter Expert - Provide WFM insight, solutions, and training to partners in a clear and concise manner. Thoroughly understand the capabilities of the WFM systems to improve efficiency and our service proposition. Keep current with leading WFM technology and methods.
- Mentor - Evaluate peer performance and provide guidance and coaching to close performance gaps and ensure continuous improvement within the team.
- Five years of contact centre experience including three years on a Workforce Management or Command Centre team in a dedicated Workforce Analyst role.
- University or College Degree in Business, or equivalent work experience and workforce management training.
- Can work a flexible schedule to support the needs of our team and partners. Every effort is made to provide shift predictability and stability.
- Knowledge of industry related language and technology; as well as Contact Centre metrics, calculations, and the factors that influence their results.
- Deep understanding of Workforce Management related language, technology, and standard methodologies.
- Proficient with modern WFM software, and Erlang C formulas and calculators.
- Technically adept, especially with Microsoft products, including Outlook.
- Direct working experience with the following software: Five9 Contact Centre, and Verint WFM.
- Solid understanding of concepts and methods in statistical forecasting and/or data science.
- Experienced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access, especially with: advanced formulas; pivot tables and charts; slicer and timeline filters; as well as coding queries and macros.
- Bilingual - English and French.
- Verifiable track record of innovation, process improvement, and positive disruption.
Expected Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter and able to adapt in a fluid environment.
- Ability to reprioritize individual work to support team needs as circumstances require.
- Strong time management, organizational, and goal setting skills.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines unsupervised.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal. Ability to lead meetings and present to groups.
- Can initiate and nurture positive working relationships with partners at all organizational levels.
- Consummate professional particularly when handling difficult situations or people.