At InterDigital, we are committed in shaping the future of wireless technology through world-class research and technical leadership within the industry's standardization forums. Our strengths come from each member of our research team through a positive, collaborative work environment where everyone is committed to excellence.
We are currently looking for an innovative Senior Standards expert/engineer to contribute in the design of advanced wireless protocols and algorithms for future 3GPP radio access technologies, including New Radio (NR), LTE-Advanced PRO and Narrow-Band IoT. The ideal candidate will have 12+ years of wireless communications research & design experience and proven experience with 3GPP RAN Standards.
The candidate will contribute to the development of innovative solutions, algorithms, protocols and systems addressing the challenges of future wireless systems including heterogeneous network deployments in licensed and unlicensed spectrum, distributed connectivity, radio links at higher frequency ranges, ultra-reliable and low latency connectivity and support for new verticals for integrated applications.
The candidate will contribute to the 3GPP RAN team:
- By carrying out physical layer and/or system-level design for 5G radio technologies and beyond – including evolutions of 3GPP New Radio (NR), LTE-Advanced PRO and Narrow-Band IoT;
- Through evaluation, analysis and development of innovative solutions for control and transfer of user data at L1/PHY, L2/MAC and L3/RRC protocol layers;
- By actively participating in the 3GPP Standardization process through the preparation of company contributions and regularly representing InterDigital at Radio Access Network (RAN) Working Group (WG) meetings.
- B.Eng., M.S., or Ph.D. (preferred) in Electrical Engineering (or similar / equivalent)
- 12+ years of experience in the field of wireless communications
- Experience in design and/or research in wireless air interfaces and systems
- Experience and/or knowledge of 3GPP Standards, preferably also with standards processes including RAN WG1, WG2, WG4
- Strong analytical, technical, innovative and leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, innovative, collaborative and team-oriented work environment
- Dedicated, result oriented professional with an attitude for getting the job done
- Willing to take challenges in a fast paced and high-pressure environment
- Experience with GitHub/GitLab, NS-3, C/C++ and Python is an advantage