SpiderCloud is looking for a motivated and energetic candidate to play a leading role in the architecture and complete software development cycle for our LTE, and 5G wireless products, with specific focus on MAC and PHY layers. The ideal candidate has a wireless communication systems background, a passion for building real-world carrier-grade communication systems, and industry experience developing MAC or PHY layer software in C/C++.
- Design, develop, enhance, and maintain wireless algorithms and embedded software for LTE/5G radio access networks and other advanced technologies.
- Understand PHY-layer procedures, expected behavior, and typical performance tradeoffs, especially as they relate to MAC and overall system performance.
- Complete ownership of MAC-layer algorithms, their implementation in C/C++ code, and real-world system performance.
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews and provide peer feedback on a continuous basis.
- Debug complex issues seen during QA testing, at customer field trials, and at live customer deployments.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Understanding of wireless communications or digital signal processing is a plus.
- 5-10 years industry experience in in embedded C/C++ programming for design and development of wireless software including stellar debugging skills.
- Strong understanding of LTE MAC and PHY from both systems and low-level 3GPP spec point of view. Broad understanding of the entire LTE wireless system. Ability to switch between high-level systems view and low-level detail view of complex wireless systems.
- Comfortable using wireless lab equipment such as signal generators, network analyzers, power meters, etc.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor with minimal guidance .