SpiderCloud is looking for a new PhD graduate to play an important role in the complete product development cycle for our UMTS, LTE, and 5G wireless products, with particular focus on MAC/PHY algorithms and wireless system performance.
The ideal candidate has a PhD in wireless communication systems, some C/C++ coding experience, and an interest in implementing and debugging real-world algorithms.
- Design, develop, enhance, and maintain wireless algorithms and embedded software for UMTS/LTE/5G radio access networks and other advanced technologies.
- Debug complex wireless issues seen during QA testing, at customer field trials, and at live customer deployments.
- Own overall system performance at the air-interface and understand how it relates to customer-visible KPI like call drop rate and voice quality in a variety of RF environments.
- Understand 3GPP MAC and PHY-layer procedures, expected behavior, and typical performance tradeoffs, especially as they relate to overall system performance.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with focus on wireless communications.
- New PhD grad with hands-on implementation experiencepreferred, MS or PhD with a few years of industry experience in a wireless software development or wireless system design role will also be considered.
- Excellent foundation in wireless communication theory and digital signal processing including detection and estimation theory, digital signal processing, RFarchitecturetradeoffs, channel coding fundamentals, wireless channel modeling, link adaptation, etc.
- Familiar with C/C++ software development in a Linux development environment and associated tools