As a Senior Wireless Compliance Engineer, International, you will be responsible for ensuring that Magic Leap's products meet all applicable wireless regulatory requirements for international market launch and throughout the product life cycle. You will work closely with Regulatory Bodies, Test Labs, Product Design Teams, Electrical Engineers and Wireless Engineers to ensure Magic Leap's products are in full compliance.
- Identify applicable international RF and SAR regulatory requirements and provide technical translation of requirements to Engineering teams as required
- Work with internal Quality and Engineering teams to implement said requirements into product definition
- Work with Test labs to develop required test plans
- Oversee and support RF and SAR compliance testing at test labs as required
- Support Quality, Engineering, and Manufacturing during RF and SAR compliance testing bug/issue resolution
- Ability to prepare and review documentation for test labs, notified body and other governing regulatory bodies.
- Review and critique test reports generated by test labs
- Stay current with any changes to regulatory landscape i.e., new requirements, that may affect Magic Leap products.
- Create processes as needed to ensure applicable requirements are met
- Support product post-launch changes (e.g., product evolution, corrective actions) to ensure on-going compliance.
- Maintain objective evidence of compliance to applicable wireless regulatory requirements
- Join applicable wireless standards technical committees to intro ML technology and become involved in development of said wireless standards
- 7+ years of experience with RF and SAR in consumer electronics field or equivalent
- 7+ years of international (concentration in APAC and LATAM) experience in regulatory compliance testing and certifications.
- Experience with wireless technologies including WiFi, BT, BLE, LTE, NFC, GSM, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and complex problem solving skills.
- The ability to develop partnerships with cross-functional teams within company.
- Ability to work independently and has strong team building skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Proficiency with MS and Google software applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or RF Engineering
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.