The D. E. Shaw group seeks a senior Windows systems engineer to solve challenges in a dynamic environment.
What you'll do day-to-day
This individual will be responsible for designing and developing automation tools to centrally manage the environment, which runs firmwide applications, and its supporting infrastructure. This environment includes physical and virtual servers, high-performance data and storage networks, and infrastructure to support a large Windows desktop and server environment.
Who we're looking for
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in computer science or other technical discipline and excellent communication skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of core Windows technologies and strong programming and scripting ability (particularly in C# and PowerShell), with a focus on systems automation and configuration management, are required.
- A working knowledge of Linux in a cross-platform environment is preferred, and experience designing, developing, and supporting critical infrastructure services is essential.
- Additionally, some experience with automated build, deployment, and continuous integration systems, as well as configuration management tools (such as SCCM, PowerShell DSC, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and/or SaltStack) and virtualized infrastructure (particularly Hyper-V and VMware), is a plus.
- A familiarity with network protocols used for authentication, authorization, and encryption (particularly Kerberos and TLS) is helpful but not required.