Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 160 days ago
Senior Windows System Administrator (Job Number:443475)
- SAIC is seeking a Senior Windows Administrator with Virtualization experience to support our Government customer from Vienna, VA.
- The Senior Windows Administrator is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of the Windows infrastructure which includes Active Directory, servers, and workstations.
- The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated enterprise level experience in maintaining physical and virtual servers and hosts.
- The duties include, monitoring, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting a Windows environment as well as mentoring Mid-level and Junior Administrators.
- The candidate should be able to be a leading contributor on large projects, be a self-starter, and able to work operate in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of relevant experience. Additional work experience is acceptable in lieu of a Degree.
- Able to create and manage solutions at enterprise level using GPOs, Scripting and other tools.
- Able to manage multiple projects and or efforts.
- Solid knowledge of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, and the ability to maintain other Windows core services.
- Ability to learn new products and technologies.
- Ability to monitor and respond to system issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Experience working in a Mid-size to Large environment
- Ability to manage own projects and solutions on time.
- Ability to create and manage work instructions, system and project documentation
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical information and requirements effectively to others both orally and written.
- Outstanding customer service and time management skills, strong sense of ownership, and a can do attitude
- Understanding of Privileged Access Manager PAM solutions and associated tools.
- Understanding of Identity & Access Mgmt systems i.e. Acronis, SailPoint and CyberArk
- Working experience administering MS Exchange
- Hands-on experience with BlackBerry and/or MDM solutions
- BigFix experience a Plus.
- Practical scripting knowledge to automate tasks and processes
- Management and development of monitoring tools, such as CA Spectrum is a plus
- Tivoli Storage Manager and Veeam.
- Virtualization experience with products like VMware vSphere.
- Understanding of SAN and NAS storage systems.
- Demonstrated ability of hardening the Windows operating system to security standards and benchmarks, such as the DISA STIG, or CIS Benchmarks.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance prior to starting work.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 17, 2019, 11:21:47 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIENNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-LA-METAIRIE, United States-TN-OAK RIDGE