WHY WORK AT CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are industry leaders in seismic imaging.
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed.
- Excellent training and mentorship programs.
- We take care of our biggest asset – our people!
Reporting to the Houston IT Services Team Lead, the Senior Windows Support Specialist will be part of the IT Customer Care team and will primarily support U.S. (Houston) business operations. This role will be responsible for providing a senior level of technical support in configuring, troubleshooting, isolating, repairing, and resolving user desktop issues.
It will involve writing and updating documentation, procedures and includes planning and managing of projects to improve the user experience.
Expectations for the role also include leading the innovation and development of new technologies, training and mentoring other team members, and helping to automate and analyze problem resolution. This role also includes work and responsibilities involving cloud technology.
- Remain knowledgeable of technology trends and business demands to ensure best practices are being implemented.
- Identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Escalate or redirect tasks where necessary, but ensure communication with users/stakeholders is maintained.
- Responsible for the resolution of escalated issues of higher difficulty.
- Work in a varied environment that includes, but is not limited to, platforms running Windows 10, Mac OSX, Linux, iOS, Android.
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware or software installed on computer systems.
- Configure and install Windows OS on computer systems using SCCM.
- Support business operations by responding to phone calls, emails, and ticket requests to ensure users receive accurate and prompt solutions to technical problems and questions.
- Understand functional roles of business line departments and be aware of each group’s key stakeholders.
- Assist in building or updating dashboards for project level reports and incident trends.
- Communicate and collaborate with personnel of various levels and functions.
- Train, coach, and/or assist less experienced team members.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for after hours and weekend service desk calls.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot any technical issues.
- Basic understanding of the ITIL framework.
- Motivation and ability to identify gaps in current processes and innovate new techniques to solve problems and improve productivity.
- Ensure all documentation and procedures are kept up-to-date.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills and proven ability to be productive with minimal supervision.
- Ability to function effectively within a variety of team styles and sizes.
- Basic understanding of network connectivity.
- Ensure confidentiality and reliability of corporate data.
- On-call rotation.