Please find the below Job description and let me know your interest by attaching your updated resume
Position: Sr Security Specialist
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Duration: 12+ months contract position
The Senior IT Security Specialist is accountable for activities that ensure all Windows systems in the organization have the appropriate patch level and application versioning to secure access to applications, systems and data resources. Ensures compliance with Security regulations and laws.
Recommends and implements changes to enhance security controls and prevent unauthorized access.
Is Cyber security your niche? Well this just may be the job for you! We have an intense focus on Windowssecurity and object inventory. Do you know Windows, really know Windows? The bad guys certainly do! We need you to help us keep systems both secure and highly performing at the same time! In this day of fast virus replication and massive security breaches, we all need to respond quickly. Are you ready for a challenging spot with advancement opportunities in the world of I.T. Security?
1) An Expert with PowerShell- creating (from scratch) automated scripts- most of their work is done manually and they need to automate the process.
2) 5+ years WindowsSecurity (patching); he is not looking for a regular Systems Admin/Eng. but someone that has experience with Security Administration in a Windows environment.
3) Splunk Visualization in regards to creating dashboards.
4) STIG- for Compliance, Audit and Remediation; experience with other Government compliance processes/processes at a Sr. level. ** Candidates will be supporting critical SOC2 STIG 912 JSM compliance project that is to be completed by year end.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows2008, 2012, 7, 10, Terminal Server
- Knowledge and experience with compliance and vulnerability scans, and auditing for accreditation of systems.
- Basic knowledge of Splunk
- Advanced skills level with PowerShell
- Operational knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and PowerShell
- 2 or more years of professional experience with IT Security Administration or System Administration or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
- Must have an understanding of Information Security concepts, protocols, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with Active Directory groups and user accounts, Windows folder structures and folder security.
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to manage tasks independently without close supervision and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Works without daily supervision to meet customer expectations
- Design and develop automated scripts to manage computer and server inventories using PowerShell
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Design and develop reporting and status of Microsoft patch levels and system versions
- Implement DISA STIG requirements
- Perform regularly schedule software maintenance and security patches.
- Monitor and track customer support requests and change requests to ensure high quality customer service.
- Develop documentation; oversee implementation of same.
- Develop and maintain STIGs Images and templates for servers and workstations.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced personnel
- Prepare systems for Audit, Compliance and Remediation (DISA STIG) or SOX PCI Compliance within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Implement networksecurity systems, protections and counter measures
- Develop and maintain operating procedures and process documentation
- Develops and tests computer and other device configurations and builds, and develops systems and systems architectures using NIST and DISA STIG standards
- Maintain 3rd party application vulnerability list and update requirements
- Proficiency with Windows skills e.g., Windows Explorer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Microsoft Certified
- Any security certification