An outstanding career opportunity with a leading provider of securities brokerage services and technology-based financial services. The Senior Engineer will work to collaborate with platform operations team members to execute services supporting over 9 corporate locations, approximately 6,000 users, 3 major Data centers and 5 million Clients. This individual will execute lifecycle, maintenance and support of enterprise infrastructure platforms and must have the ability to function autonomously in a collaborative culture with focus on business outcome(s), impact to the firm and client service orientation.
The Senior Engineer will:
- Perform incident response and break-fix triage for issues related to infrastructure platforms.
- Infrastructure support including but not limited to database, server operating systems and virtualization
- Partner with requestors to execute tasks provided via request portal for service delivery.
- Conduct analysis and provide suggestions to improve the delivery of services by the team.
- Execute and improve vulnerability and resiliency management strategies which includes patching, reboots, infrastructure testing and other proactive maintenance tasks.
- Conducts peer review analysis and acceptance for new or modified processes to ensure sustainability and repeatability.
- Provide thought leadership, best practice recommendations, mentoring, and training to individual members of the team or the team at large as needed.
- Execute and provide feedback for operational policies, procedure, processes and standards.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with Agile project management methodologies, adhere to version & release management, scheduling, change control, security and applicable operational policies and procedures
- Partner with key vendor providers to escalate and troubleshoot severity issues.
- Assist in developing engineering and operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, and optimize delivery.
- Participate in team on-call rotation schedules. On-call provides 24/7 availability during rotation to support issues and assist team with scheduled operational tasks after production hours.
- Lead the development and execution of efforts focusing on the enhancement and efficiency of day-to-day tasks executed by the platform operations team.
- Support daily operations such as capacity management, performance monitoring and network systems connectivity.
- Provide systems administration, advanced server support, management, and server-side configurations
- Recommend and execute server hardware and software configuration, installation, integration, upgrades and performance tuning for robust and reliable performance.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to emerging talent within the infrastructure technology (in the form of cross training, workshops, and knowledge sharing).
- Providing RCAs
- Analyze and execute configuration and audit strategies to assist in ensuring compliance with standard settings and security direction
- Process automation and scripting. PowerShell, command line, Python and Perl scripting skills.
- Complete and maintain all necessary documentation pertaining to the environment, policies and procedures, and other projects as assigned.
- Continuously evaluate emerging technologies and determine suitability for use and environment.
- Supporting Microsoft Windows Server (2008/2012/2016 including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and AD Group Policy).
- Extensive knowledge of VMWare vSphere
- Knowledge of virtual and terminal technologies including VMWare, ESX,VMotion, VirtualCenter, Microsoft Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and environments while being able to see and present the “big picture”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management skills and organizational skills
- Possesses the ability to be productive in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry and BOSH experience
- Hands on experience installing, supporting and operating a hosted Cloud Foundry platform
- Container technology experience (e.g. Docker )
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Splunk Knowledge to identify trends via dashboards and reports to resolve platform issues
- Operational knowlege of AppDynamics
- BA or BS Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Extensive Systems Engineering and/or Operations experience within e-commerce or financial services industry
- Ability to develop automation using Python, Powershell and/or Perl
- Subject Matter Knowledge and understanding of the following :
- Server OS:
- Windows Server (2008/2012/2016)
- Tools & Utilities:
- IBM BigFix
- Puppet Software
- Tivoli Monitoring
- Extensive troubleshooting, triage, root cause analysis and performance monitoring skills.
- Experience with ITIL and/or other similar frameworks.
- Experience with LEAN methodologies, leading Value Stream mapping sessions and driving problem resolution meetings with cross-functional teams.
- Should have an understanding of current industry trends and their advantages with ability to right fit into an existing environment.
- Background working in organizations that provide 24x7x365 support.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and work with various customers and management levels.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.