RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals – Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children’s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children’s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state’s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey’s largest private employer – with more than 33,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns – and routinely captures national awards for outstanding quality and safety.
The Senior Windows Engineer is responsible for Windows planning, design and optimization activities.
- Develops strategies and direction for Windows and related IT infrastructure solutions using current and emerging technologies.
- Participates in, plans and recommends Windows and related IT technology asset architectures and recommends new/emerging technology for application into the enterprise
- Perform Windows system engineering, design and validation
- Assist with the development and implementation of automated systems for RWJBH Corporate and Affiliate entities
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows and related technology infrastructure environments
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IS policies, procedures and SLAs pertaining to Vmware, AD, Citrix, UCS, HPE and other IT Infrastructure
- Plan and participate in scheduled off-hours infrastructure upgrades and an on-callschedule for support.
- Perform analysis required to define reporting requirements. (e.g., Performance, Capacity, Change management)
- Proactively monitor Windows and related system information technology assets, assessing and making recommendations for improvement to provide stable, dependable technology asset services and provide ongoing trend analysis
- Provide customer and peer training on Windows and related technology infrastructure toolsets, processes and procedures as required
- Willingness and ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred. Certification or equivalent may be substituted for a BA degree.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in information technology and services.
- Experience in health care field helpful, but not required.
- Required: MCTIP. Preferred: Microsoft Certified Master
- Experience working in virtualized server environments, VMWARE 5.5, 6.0 or 6.5 and Citrix or higher
- Working experience with Windows Server family of operating systems (2003, 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Experience supporting Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Knowledge of Storage Resource Management technologies ¿ EMC, 3PAR, Compellent
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies (Microsoft SQL, Windows Clustering, Microsoft ADFS, etc)
Provide daily operations support and maintenance for RWJBH Windows and related information technology assets
- Perform Windows system engineering, design, troubleshooting, and validation in the following verticals:
- PhysicalVirtual Infrastructure
- VMWARE ESXi 5.x and higher
- Citrix Infrastructure 6.5 and higher ( XenApp, XenDesktop and Netscaler products)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.