Senior Web UX Designer
Marketing | Los Gatos
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
Roku is seeking an energetic Senior Web UX/UI Designer with extensive consumer web design experience to join the dynamic and talented Marketing Creative Team supporting Roku.com. Your passion for engaging and acquiring new customers via the web will make you a valuable member of this highly collaborative, cross-functional team. This is a hands-on role, that requires a strategic thinker with advanced web visual design and interaction design capabilities who can jump in and make an immediate impact. You’ll craft designs from top to bottom that create delightful and effective consumer web experiences.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of hands-on web design experience, a highly relevant web design portfolio, and deep understanding of information architecture and user experience design practices. Expertise with Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe XD design tools and workflows is required, along with deep fluency in modern web standards and responsive/mobile design practices. Experience researching, concepting, developing, and producing web designs and assets for consumer content, media and entertainment websites is highly desired.
- Develop and deliver web design work from initial concepts and wireframes, to comps and producing final web-ready assets to support Roku.com globally.
- Partner with stakeholders on design work that supports product launches, OS releases, content management, and ongoing site maintenance. Craft prototypes and design deliverables that increase conversion and key performance metrics.
- Produce final web-ready assets and interaction specs to Web Development to ensure designs are accurately produced and brought to life on Roku.com.
- Drive new creative innovation, web interaction and design capabilities that enhance Roku.com across devices and platforms. Champion mobile-first, consumer-centered design best practices.
- Work independently and collaborate with others to problem-solve and deliver best-in-class visual design solutions that further our mission of creating great consumer web experiences.
- Utilize A/B testing to present/validate design thinking, and balance business and user needs. Gather data from key stakeholders, consumer insights, data science, marketing analytics.
- Proactively contribute ideas and recommendations for ongoing site testing and optimization, integrate learnings from research and analysis into design practices and approach.
- Regularly review and monitor competitive websites and trends in web design, user experience and ecommerce best practices.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience designing for medium to large-scale consumer and ecommerce websites. Consumer media/entertainment brand and industry experience ideal.
- Experience designing for all facets of customer acquisition and ecommerce websites, from immersive content-rich experiences to product selectors and transactional interfaces.
- Strong, relevant website design portfolio required, including static and interactive rich-media web-basedexperiences for consumer-facing brands, products, and services.
- Proven abilities to lead web design projects from concept to completion. Hands-on working knowledge of web design, digital branding, interactive ecommerce workflows and pratices.
- Expert using Creative Cloud software and modern web/digital design tools, including Photoshop, Illustrator, online video editing/encoding standards.
- Fluent in modern (responsive design) web standards, languages, platforms (HTML 5, Magento, Zendesk), image optimization techniques, digital graphics fundamentals.
- Highly-organized, a self-starter that can manage multiple priorities and simultaneous tasks, accurately scope requirements, and meet deadlines.
- Creative mindset, collaborative disposition, able to work and partner with multiple teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Passionate about the Internet, design and media, emerging technologies, staying current as web technology evolves.
Characteristics of success at Roku:
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed