The primary function of this position is to implement innovative solutions, designs and enhancements across web and mobile experiences. You will provide both technical and team leadership through coaching and mentoring other developers. Your expertise in design, analytics, development, coding, and testing will help raise up the team around you and inspire them to follow your lead.
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC including functional analysis, development of technical requirements, coding, testing, deployment, and support.
- Participate in defining and driving key decisions about our backend architecture and practices
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with Project Managers, Stakeholders, and other members of the team.
- Mentor junior team members by providing code reviews and giving constructive feedback
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams, peers, and vendors
- Analyze, determine, and recommend appropriate architecture and other technical solutions.
- Monitor and provide production support, which may occur outside of regular business hours.
- Improve your knowledge in new technologies and share technical knowledge with others
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with Java, Design Patterns, Servlets, JMS, JPA, Hibernate, and Spring Framework
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with REST based web services
- Experience building business critical, highly scalable, fault-tolerant applications
- Experience with one or more of the following: Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic
- Experience with GIT/SVN, JIRA, and Jenkins
- Experience with Postgres is nice to have, but not required
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to resolve conflict in a professional tactful manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities but may mentor junior level employees and serve as subject matter expert for the team.
Education and Experience Required: Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Systems with minimum of 10 years experience in web programming.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.