The Senior Web Engineer assists in the creation, deployment and maintenance of marketing experiences for digital delivery. You will be expected to work closely with other developers of various skill levels and project teams. A Senior Web Engineer is expected to code using object-orientated techniques and stays current with development techniques and trends. You will play an integral role in the development of rapid prototype web, mobile, and/or system applications, working with the latest and greatest technologies in a highly collaborative environment. S/he should have an aptitude for learning along with assisting in the implementation and education of new development stacks, and technologies with their peers.
- Analyze, design, develop and deploy high-quality Object-Oriented solutions per requirements.
- Troubleshoot, debug applications and analyze log files.
- Participate in the requirements gathering process.
- Works within and collaborates with a balanced project team or teams.
- Writes elegant, readable, reusable and well-documented code.
- Works with code quality tools and writes unit tests.
- Works with continuous integration tools.
- Actively participates in code reviews.
- Works with REST APIs (creating and/or consuming).
- Participates in an Agile environment.
- Works with source control programs like SVN or GIT.
- Works with project tracking software such as Jira.
- Strong communication skills when speaking to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Works in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment.
- Looks for efficiencies and optimizations when solutioning.
- Has strong analytical and creative problem-solving capabilities.
- Highly accountable for their work.
Education and Experience:
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented Programming (Java, JSP, JSTL, JSON, XML)
- 3+ years working with REST APIs (creating or consuming) or SOAP transactions
- Working knowledge of OSGI
- Working knowledge of cloud-based solutions such as Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of HTL, Sightly, JCR & Sling Model Framework
- Working knowledge of content management systems (Adobe Experience Manager / CQ, Sitecore)
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux environments.