Shutterfly is looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer. Shutterfly leads the industry in design, service and innovation. We achieve this through cutting-edge technology, uncompromising service and high-quality products that are beautiful and unique. You will join a team of talented engineers to work in a variety of front-end initiatives including search, browse and filter.
- Architecture design and implementation of responsive, cross-browser front-end components for a scalable, next-gen ecommerce platform
- Collaborate with product managers, interface designers, operations, and other members of the project team in requirements specification, feasibility analysis, detailed engineering analysis, development estimates, and release planning
- Identify and implement software engineering best practice
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, MS preferred
- Solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and operating systems
- Experience working with JS unit test frameworks such as Jest, Jasmine
- Experience with responsive web design, solid understanding of SOA (Service-oriented architecture) is a plus
- Experience with working in an agile environment.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and debugging skills - ability to dive deep, find your way, and modify a very large code base
- Good communication and personal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership
- Experience working with Java and frameworks such as Spring Boot or Node JS
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Experience with NPM