Shutterfly's Commerce team is looking for a Senior backend Engineer. Shutterfly leads the industry in design, service and innovation. We achieve this through cutting-edge technology, uncompromising service and high-quality products that are beautiful and unique. You will join a team of talented engineers to work in a variety of services and store infrastructure initiatives.
- Architecture design and implementation of various micro services for a scalable, next-gen ecommerce platform
- Collaborate with product managers, interface designers, operations, and other members of the project team in requirements specification, feasibility analysis, detailed engineering analysis, development estimates, and release planning
- Coach and mentor engineers with various levels of experience
- Identify and implement software engineering best practice
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, MS preferred
- Solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and operating systems
- Ability to use and understand debugging and monitoring tools like Splunk, Grafana etc.
- At least 5 years of website development experience with proficiency in latest versions of HTML5, XML, CSS3, Java and Microservice frameworks such as Spring boot.
- Experience with Java 8, Spring, Maven, Git
- Experience with API design and API management solutions like APIGeeetc.,
- Experience working with unit test tools such as TestNG
- Experience with relational databases and working experience with NoSQL.
- Experience in large-scale consumer web site development, and leveraging content delivery networks
- Experience with working in an agile environment.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and debugging skills - ability to dive deep, find your way, and modify a very large code base
- Good communication and personal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Experience with AWS (SQS, Lambdas, S3) and Kubernetes