Summary: The Senior Web Developer will strengthen University Advancement’s development team by providing a flexible skill set to address development challenges on multiple fronts. This position will improve the functionality of key web initiatives with a primary focus on improving the user experience by leveraging user data stored in Wake Forest Unviversity’s CRM. Other major projects will include mobile app build-outs, creating and leveraging creating and leveraging APIs, web content management, as well as design and execution of new high-impact applications.
- Understands business challenges and leverages or creates web-based, internally developed solutions.
- Develops and maintains constituent-centric web and mobile applications through a team-oriented process.
- Supports vendor applications and uses APIs to interface with WFU custom applications.
- Interacts with databases and understands data concepts, including querying and editing records while adhering to business process and best practices.
- Helps team maintain a stable WordPress environment; improves WordPress functionality.
- Maintains well-documented, reusable, and transferable code; uses GIT.
- Provides backup for otherdeveloper’s work; helps administer code reviews, tests and performs maintenance and support.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field (or equivalent experience) and five to seven years of web development experience.
- Experience and knowledge of mobile app development, or willingness to learn.
- Experience with jQuery, JSON, MySQL, SQL, SOAP, WSDLs, and APIs.
- Experience using and developing plugins and themes for WordPress CMS or willingness to learn.
- Experience with agile development, GIT version control, SOLID coding standards, object-oriented programming concepts.
- Communication skills – the ability to define and communicate a technical vision with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Must be able to work well in collaborative development environment.
- Must show a growth mindset. Willingness to learn new skills, frameworks and programming languages.
- Must demonstrate ability to see and understand problems and opportunities, then be able to apply technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to see the big picture, understanding goals and functions of departments across Wake Forest University to see how development work impacts the University as a whole, not just each specific piece.
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve using data and technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to define and communicate a technical vision to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work successfully in teams, in a collaborative environment and under own initiative.
- Willingness to learn new skills, frameworks and programming languages.
- Demonstrated ability to see and understand problems and opportunities and ability to apply technical problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for own work only.'