About The Role
Are you far beyond being just another pixel-perfect web developer? Can you drive CMSarchitecture, build plugins, and recite the latest best practices for Wordpress development? If you’re up to the challenge, then this is your ideal role. The right candidate will be well-positioned for massive growth and invaluable experience as a key member of the MarketingEngineering team. We are a high profile group that owns the development of all top-of-funnel initiatives. Our work is extremely visible and the team’s growth is a clear reflection of SoFi.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created studentloan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with big plans ahead. In just the last year, we've more than doubled our member base (260,000 strong), doubled loan volume ($8 billion in 2016), and grew our team from under 200 people to more than 1000. Our expectations of going global involves expansion to Australia and Canada later this year. We are well capitalized to power all this growth, having raised $1.9 billion in equity backing. However, we know that we could not possibly continue this growth without great talent like you!
- Expert with responsive design/development and mobile-web best practices
- Expert with scriptinglanguages like PHP, Python or Ruby
- Experience with CMS plugin and theme development
- Experience with cross-browser testing
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, Postgres)
- Familiarity with brand identity and design consistency
- Client-side optimization and performance
- Version control (Git)
- Ability to lead other team members and work with constructive feedback
- Java, Scala
- Nodejs, Gulp/Grunt
- Relational Databases: MySQL or Postgres
- Client-side unit testing
- Microservice Architecture
- Tracking Pixels, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics
- Front-end build automation and tooling
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves and work with others to get stuff done.
- Mid-Senior Level
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering-related major
- 4 – 5 years as a lead CMS/Wordpress developer