If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for designing, coding, testing, and debugging against the company CMS and stand-alone applications and integrations, primarily focused on Franklin's public-facing web properties and applications. Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business. Works with internal customers and technical staff to resolve problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements from internal customers. Provides input to Web Solutions Manager on development standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Software Development
- Designs and codes applications/integrations to support business requirements.
- Completes necessary testing to insure applications/integrations are completed with high quality.
- Provides accurate estimates of the time required to complete development tasks.
- Follows policies and procedures related to application methods and quality standards
- Provides technical support for CMS and custom applications and integrations used by Franklin Electric employees across many business units.
- Code Management
- Version control with Git.
Skills and Abilities
- Coding -- Designs, codes, debugs software applications/integrations to deliver requested business outcomes.
- Translation of designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization
- Problem Solving -- Uses a logical, systematic search for the source of a problem, determining the most likely cause by eliminating potential causes of a problem.
- Decision Making -- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares alternatives and makes timely decisions.
- Testing -- Plans and facilitates validation activities to ensure a technology solution meets defined requirements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, related degree, or equivalent work experience (preferred).
- Five years of related experience (required).
Certificates and Licenses
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Continuallyrequired to stand and walk.
- Regularlyrequired to reach with hands to finger, handle, or feel; kneel and crouch; and talk hear.
- Occasionallyrequired to sit
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and an ability to adjust focus
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Up to 5% travel should be expected for this position
Equal opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected veteran/Disabled