Part of the Staples Customer Service organization, the Application Development Team works closely with functional business users to identify process improvement needs. The team delivers applications so the business units may increase productivity and control information. A Web Application Developer has multi-site responsibilities supporting the Staples network of contact centers. This role designs, builds and manages applications for contact center needs, demonstrating expert abilities in application design and delivery.
- Create custom web pages and desktop applications to support the efficiency and profitability goals of Staples Customer Service. Plan, design, develop, test and deploy data driven web and desktop applications using ASP.Net, Visual Studio, and MS SQL development tools. Create user interfaces that are intuitive and visually appealing while fulfilling specific productivity, efficiency, and data storage needs. Utilize AJAX, Java script, CSS, HTML and VB.Net coding as needed to enhance application functionality and the end user experience.
- Meet with project stakeholders to gather and document requirements, create design documentation and mockups, coordinate user acceptance testing, and create training documentation for supported applications.
- Partner with Customer Service DBAs to design and implement transactional data models and query methods using SQL stored procedures. Identify and develop various techniques to facilitate information storage. Build and maintain data interfaces and databases to automate and simplify processes.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the business process, metrics, and affected stakeholders of the applications supported. Possess expert knowledge of multiple applications and databases used throughout the Customer Service organization like attendance, ticket tracking, and call tracking applications. Expertise needed will be from both a business and technical perspective.
- Ensure applications meet data accuracy, performance, usability, and functionality requirements. Ensure tools meet customer expectations by conducting roundtables, gathering feedback, and shadowing end users. Maintain list of future enhancement requests and work with business partners and managers to prioritize and create implementation plans. Consult with business leaders and management performing the role of a subject matter expert. Act as a liaison between business leaders and technical associates.
- Create and implement best practices for Web application development and object migration. Ensure best practices and migration procedures are used by peers when building Web applications. Add and update application code, forms and files to Team Foundation Server as part of the Team’s Source code repository.
- Participate in and deliver results for ad-hoc, analysis, and web application projects as assigned. Projects will require advanced technology skills and a high degree of contact with the Business Analysis and Project Services teams. Projects will require a solid understanding of Web Application development concepts including knowledge of object oriented coding, HTML, CSS & Java script.
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests from customers.
- Maintain legacy Microsoft Access databases
- Maintain web application servers to deliver optimal performance. Identify upgrades and enhancements to support concurrency growth. Administer server security policy. Partner with Corporate I/S to administer backup and recovery procedures. Collaborate with manager to architect infrastructure and monitor usage patterns.
- Understand testing and/or desktop automation (RPA).
- Be able to learn RPA (NICE RPA) and assist with automating customer service job functions or have a good understanding of how automation applications.
- Be a source of innovative ideas for application design and development. Develop best practices for application development methodologies. Build and maintain configuration management processes and procedures. Create and maintain application architecture, branding, master templates, and base class objects using Visual Studio and ASP.Net.
- Serve the team as a lead developer using Visual Studio and ASP.net. Mentor and develop the skills of other team members. Oversee design of applications created by junior members of the team. Deliver training to develop code, database, or business knowledge for other team members.
- This role may be performed in the following locations: Aurora, CO; Halifax, Nova Scotia; and Florence, KY.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a minimum of 4 years working in an Information Technology discipline.
- 2 years of experience designing and creating MS Access databases and Visual Basic (VBA) applications.
- 2 years of experience designing and creating web based applications using ASP.NET and Visual Studio.
- 2 years experience querying relational databases and working with transactional models.
- 2 years experience with Angular
- 1 year demonstrated experience supporting Web Servers running IIS and ASP.
- 1 year experience interfacing with MS SQL databases including writing stored procedures for information storage and retrieval.
- Communication skills that demonstrate confidence with technology and business process. Must be able to express complex technical concepts verbally and in writing. Successful experience building productive relationships with peers, DBAs, and other technology professionals.
- Flexibility and ability to juggle multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast paced, customer centric environment.
- Experience querying Windows Active Directory for user authentication.
- Must obtain and practice successful information gathering techniques. Advanced knowledge of business and technical trends. Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability.
- Masters degree in Information Technology studies
- Experience with call center technologies such as Avaya, Kana, Aspect, Moxie, etc.
- Knowledge of Contact Center business processes. Contact Center experience.
- Experience building desktop executable applications and distributing through Windows MSI file packages.
- Experience leading technical staff through projects. Experience making resource allocation decisions.
- RPA Development skills would be beneficial, but not required as training will be provided as needed.