Are you curious about how highly advanced weapons are modeled?
Are you a skilled software developer yearning to make an impact on our national defense?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an experienced modeling & simulation developer to join a select group of subject matter experts working on state-of-the-art weapon simulations dedicated to solving some of the most pressing engineering and scientific challenges facing our national defense.
As a senior weapon modeling & simulation developer your primary responsibility will be the development, integration, testing, and maintenance of medium and high-fidelity models and simulations of advanced weapons used across several mission areas.
- You will develop and test weapon modules/federates and interfaces to the Combat System Test Bed (CSTB).
- You will integrate high-fidelity weapon system simulations with high-fidelity missile six-degree-of-freedom (6-DOF) simulations developed by both APL and contractors.
- You will develop and maintain medium-fidelity weapon engagement simulations to support several requests for analysis.
- You will assist missile 6-DOF simulation leads with configuration management and maintenance tasks.
- You will implement enhancements to improve efficiency and user experience with these simulations including, but not limited to, graphical user interfaces, development environment automation, build files, regression testing, and post-processing.
- You will analyze simulation output, conduct registration with other models, and report out results to internal and external stakeholders.
- You will assist staff on adoption/usage of up-to-date tools and advise group on necessary upgrades to computing resources.
- You will assist the group with leveraging multiple ML/AI techniques to analyze large data sets generated from medium and high-fidelity simulations.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- Have 3-5 years of professional software development experience on complex weapon system simulations on both LINUX and WINDOWS platforms.
- Have a strong background in multiple high-level programming languages such as C, C++, Java, and FORTRAN.
- Have solid scripting language skills such as Python, etc.
- Experience with version control software such as Git and/or Mercurial, etc.
- Are familiar with High-Level Architectures (HLA), Real-Time Infrastructures (RTI), and TCP/IP.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- 5+ years of software development experience in complex weapon system simulations in LINUX operating systems.
- Strong familiarity with high-fidelity missile 6-DOF simulations.
- Solid background in HLA/RTI simulation federates of End-to-End weapon systems and kill chains.
- Familiarity with various ML/AI algorithms and implementations.
- Experience in the development and troubleshooting of HIL simulations supporting Air & Missile Defense programs.
- SCI/SAP access.