Why join us?
We are hiring! The Senior Water/Wastewater Project Manager is an integral part of Water Infrastructure team. This position is based out of our Tampa, FL office.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Technical oversight of design staff and team members for water and wastewater infrastructure projects including treatment plants, pipelines, pump stations, storage tanks, etc.
- Coordinates and participates in contract negotiations with clients and subcontractors, and drafts complex and multidiscipline professional service agreements and addenda for review by senior management.
- Directs project team and client compliance with contract terms and monitors subcontractors' compliance with contractual commitments.
- Prepares project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicates these to project team members; monitors/manages project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Monitors reports and schedules to ensure appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects, and to communicate project progress/status to senior management.
- Establishes and maintains project account files on the computerized project management information system, and periodically reviews project reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors client billings, assists in obtaining payment from clients, and resolves client disputes, adjusting project billing records as required.
- Monitors subconsultants' progress and performance, reviews and approves subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolves payment and project disputes.
- Schedules and coordinates project meetings with the project team, regulatory agencies, the client, and others involved with the projects.
- Reports financial status of projects to technical managers.
- Identifies new business opportunities for the firm, coordinates and participates in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promotes firm's capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
- Participates in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and the preparation of firm's qualification/experience statements.
- Supervise technical professionals, associate project managers and design staff including workload and staffing management.
- Prepares detailed design documents, evaluation reports and engineering studies.
- Assists clients with bid phase services and leads the effort for services during construction including monitoring inspectors and construction progress for projects.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with 10 years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Local experience with the cities, counties water authorities and regulatory agencies within the greater Sarasota and/or Tampa area is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong technical writing and communications skills.
- Experience and familiarity with the following programs is preferred: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, Storm/Sewer/WaterCAD, is preferred.
- Knowledge of construction specifications including CSI standards is preferred.
- P.E License in FL, or the ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months of start, is required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program