HDR is seeking a Senior Water/Wastewater Project Manager in our San Diego, California office. The ideal Candidate is a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. Good communication skills, team work, and the ability to function effectively in a variety of roles on integrated project teams are a must. Candidates need to be energetic, hardworking and flexible. Project management and business development support are major responsibilities of this position.
The primary duties of this position include planning and managing all aspects of medium and large multi-disciplinary water, wastewater and stormwater pipeline, pumping and storage infrastructure projects. Project phases will range from planning, route/site selection, criteria development, design, construction management and commissioning.
The Senior Project Manager will be expected to: independently coordinate work of engineers, environmental specialists, CAD and GIS professionals to develop detailed designs, plans, specifications and estimates for water, wastewater and stormwater infrastructure projects and related systems; supervise medium and large projects through all phases of work; and act as mentor for less experienced project engineers.
These responsibilities will include:
- Establishing project schedules and responsibility assignments
- Performing or overseeing process design, sizing and hydraulic calculations
- Preparing preliminary design and other engineering reports
- Determining and writing engineering specifications: overseeing the production of design drawings
- Manage delivery of multi-year, multi-discipline programs
- Support implementation of designs through construction phase engineering and project management services
- Develop and maintain relationships with subconsultants, vendors, and other industry professionals as required for successful project and program delivery
- Establish and maintain client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings
- Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Conduct work sessions for design development and contract document in conjunction with other staff
- Coordinate workload throughout entire project development, and ensure completion of documents on schedule
- Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of agreed-to schedule
- Work with Business/Accounting Manager or Project Controller and Department Manager for project reviews and with company management as needed
- Perform other duties as needed *LI-JF1
Keywords: water, wastewater, project manager, pipeline, pump station
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering. Professional registration in California required. 15+ years of proven water and wastewater planning, design and management experience required.
- MS Office and MS Project experience
- Document control experience (ProjectWise a plus)
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Good communication, leadership, planning and mentoring skills
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A team-first collaborative attitude
- Self-motivated requiring minimal oversight
- Well organized with multi-tasking skills
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines
- Well-developed analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent team player with ability to function effectively in a variety of roles on integrated project teams
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture