This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified full-service water consulting firms in the country. The successful candidate, with the support of a strong internationally recognized staff, will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge of municipal wastewater planning, design & construction engineering, along with a proven reputation for excellence in client management / business development to successfully win and execute projects.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with clients to determine needs and deliver solutions and lead teams in the preparation of winning proposals and successful presentations.
- Manage and lead the growth of client relationships with preferred and target clients.
- Develop small to large planning and design projects from inception to completion.
- Provide technical support to our team of highly skilled engineers in the West region, while leading projects simultaneously and utilizing technical knowledge and expertise to develop the team's overall capabilities.
- Manage projects and clients in the planning, design and construction of municipal wastewater treatment plants, storm water systems, distribution/collection systems, and pump/lift stations.
- Supervise and support the work of others and mentor junior level engineer & design/drafting technical staff.
- Project Management experience on municipal wastewater projects of various sizes.
- Excellent technical engineering skills.
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Experience preparing, reviewing and approving project drawings, specifications, schedules and cost estimates.
- Client relationship skills; including preparation and development of proposals and client management experience with a successful track record of delivering various engineering projects to the expectations of the client.
- Client relationships/experience with the local municipalities.
- Minimum of 18 years' experience in water / wastewater facilities; planning, design and construction for public and private sector clients.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering in Civil, Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- CA P.E. License strongly preferred, or with ability to obtain within 3 months from date of hire
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Master's in Civil, Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.