Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 27 days ago
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering is seeking a Senior Water Resources Modeler to join our growing hydropower professional team at our Portland, ME office.
In the role of Senior Water Resources Modeler we will count on you to:
• Provide high-level technical expertise with regards to hydraulic/hydrologic analysis, modeling and investigation
• Specialize in project areas that have greater scope and complexity
• Plan and develop projects or design activities that have significant impact on major company programs as needed
• Plan, organize and supervise work of medium to large staff of professionals and technicians as needed
• Serve as Project Manager on larger projects as needed, though project management is not sole focus of position
• Perform other related duties as necessary
More specifically responsibilities include:
• Perform hydrologic and hydraulic analyses of watersheds, rivers systems, spillways and water conveyance facilities as they relate to hydropower operation, design, licensing and safety
• Utilize software applications related to the fields of hydrology, hydraulics and water management (incl. HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HydroCAD)
• Strong computer skills, esp. with Microsoft Excel™ and Microsoft Access™
• An aptitude towards computer programming, preferable experience in Microsoft Visual Studio/.Net™ and scripting with Python/Jython
• Develop and apply CHEOPS™, an in-house proprietary software application that simulates the operation of reservoir and hydropower facility systems
• Design and evaluate civil engineering projects in the areas of hydrology and rainfall-runoff modeling, hydraulic conveyance systems, civil-site development, dam safety, and erosion and sedimentation control
• Assist in performing environmental evaluations under federal and state licensing requirements.
• Work closely with clients and agencies
• Occasional travelKeyword(s): Senior Water Resources Modeler, hydrologic and hydraulic, H&H Modeling, Hydropower, job #152721, *LI-MP1
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, Water Resources or closely related field
• PH/PE strongly preferred
• 10 or more years of analysis, modeling and design and management experience
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Strong communication skills
• Strong technical writing skills
• Strong computer skills, esp. with Microsoft Excel™
• Driven individual with time management skills, who will take ownership of their tasks.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS is required
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, wenetwork with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United States-Maine-Portland
: RegularBusinessClass: Hydropower
: Feb 14, 2019