Senior Water Resources Engineer - ( 210002IJ )Description
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.Your Opportunity
Stantec has an immediate need for a Senior Water Resources Engineer in our Environmental Services group. Stantec is a leader in the stormwater and ecosystem restoration industry with a deep bench of both local and national expertise. Our strong water resources team continues to grow, so it is an exciting time to join us as we continue our success and create more opportunities for our staff's growth and development. If you have the high-quality water resources expertise that we embrace and want to contribute to the industry in an impactful way, join our team!Your Key Responsibilities
Work under minimal supervision with broad guidelines, to assign, review, and evaluate the performance of new project orders; directing interdisciplinary project teams as needed to ensure project needs are met.
QualificationsYour Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong project leadership to help ensure conformance with Stantec's Project Management Framework (PMF).
- Ensure strict compliance with contractual requirements.
- Coordinate with Stantec leadership and client contacts routinely to explore future opportunities, budget planning, and staff resourcing needs.
- Develop fee proposals for a variety of sizes and complexities, working with other task managers as needed to address all technical disciplines.
- Oversee stream restoration design and lead supporting tasks, including hydrologic and hydraulic studies.
- Lead the design of flood mitigation projects, including evaluation of existing and proposed drainage infrastructure capacity.
- Support resiliency projects, including those centered around coastal solutions.
- Lead the design and evaluation of stormwater facilities and strategies.
- Lead credit analysis of a variety of BMPs for TMDL Credit using regulatory guidance.
- Assist in the development of TMDL Action Plans and stormwater master planning.
- Oversee the inspection of BMPs, municipal facilities, and outfalls.
- Lead field assessments for water quality studies, watershed walkovers, stream assessments, and other projects.
- Attend and help moderate daytime and evening public outreach meetings.
- Conduct peer and quality reviews on applicable projects.
- Mentor/supervise junior staff and promote career development.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
- Must have a high attention to detail, strength in time management and organizational skills, and good written and oral communication.
- Strong project management credentials, including but not limited to scoping, establishing schedules, project plan development, and routine tracking/reporting throughout project implementation.
- Proven experience successfully executing technical design tasks and achieving project completion.
- Proven capabilities/expertise in planning and design of stream restoration and stormwater BMP projects.
- Knowledge of Total Maximum Daily Loads and Waste Load Allocations.
- Knowledge of Virginia Stormwater Management Program.
- Knowledge of Virginia MS4 Permit compliance programs.
- Skill in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Project).
- Proven capabilities in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software (SWMM, PondPack, HMS, RAS). 2D modeling experience preferred.
- Ability to travel within Virginia on short notice.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner, both in writing and in person, with clients, employees and the general public.
- Ability to present to both small and large groups on a wide range of projects.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to walk 2-4 miles per day in rough terrain and in various weather conditions.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
- Bachelor of Science (minimum) in Civil, Water Resources, Biological Systems, Environmental Engineering, or other closely related degree required. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years prior experience in a similar role required.
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience with large project or contract management responsibilities required.
- Professional Licensure (PE) required.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) certification preferred.
- Virginia DEQ Dual Combined Administrator certification preferred.
- Virginia Construction & Professional Services Manual (CPSM) certification preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.Primary Location
: United States-Virginia-FredericksburgOther Locations
: United States-Virginia-Richmond, United States-Virginia-Williamsburg, United States-Virginia-CharlottesvilleJob
: Environmental EngineerOrganization
: BC-2034 Environmental Services-US VirginiaEmployee Status
: RegularJob Level
: Yes, 25 % of the TimeSchedule
: Full-timeJob Posting
: Oct 21, 2021, 1:35:58 PMReq ID:
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans