RK&K is currently hiring a Senior Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Atlanta, Columbia (SC), Charlotte, Raleigh, or Nashville. As a Senior Engineer, you will utilize and advance your skills in floodplain modeling (1D and 2D), hydrology, and hydraulic design of bridges and culverts. Preferred candidates will also have knowledge and experience of storm drainage design, erosion control design, and stormwater control measure design. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for an avenue to lead- complex projects and mentor Jr./Mid-Level Engineers.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a subject matter expert in water resources design, analysis, and project/task management.
- Floodplain analysis using HEC-RAS with experience in bridge and culvert design.
- Field investigation for design projects.
- Proactively deliver a wide range of water resource projects including stream crossings, scour analysis, storm water systems, flood studies, river and stream remediation, and erosion/sediment control, in accordance with the scope, schedule, and budget set by the project manager.
- Provide excellent client services with a focus on quality and timeliness.
- Meet and work directly with other design team members including project manager, project engineers, design technicians, drafters, surveyors, contractors, inspectors, public agency officials, and clients.
- Develop engineering plans using various software packages including but not limited to MicroStation, GeoPak/SUDA and GIS while applying knowledge of local, state, and federal design standards.
- Provide office and site visit support for projects under construction.
- Lead tasks, plan budgets, manage subcontractors.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in Water Resources Engineering/Design.
- Excellent Communication skills and attention to details with a team-work attitude is a must.
- Experience with preparation of construction plans and specifications.
- Floodplain analysis utilizing HEC-RAS software.
- Experience with MicroStation, GIS, and AutoCAD
Required Education and Certifications
- Bachelors Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or similar)
- Active P.E., Professional Engineer Registration
- Experience with any or all of the following GDOT, SCDOT, TDOT, NCDOT, Municipalities in NC, SC, GA, or TN.
- Two-dimensional modeling experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
“RK&K maintains a drug-free workplace. Employees of RK&K are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana”