DEA’s Puget Sound Water Resources team is hiring for a Senior Water Resources Engineer to work on a variety of assignments related to habitat restoration, fish passage, floodplain analysis, and storm water management. This position can be located in Bellevue, Everett, Seattle or Olympia.
Career development trajectories for this role include task management, project management, staff supervision, and group management. In-house and vendor-supplied training available for technical and managerial skills development.
- Work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment and contribute to the growth of our Water Resources group.
- Responsible for planning and design of a wide range of water resources systems and facilities including hydraulic analysis for stream crossings and evaluating for fish passage and scour. Responsibilities also include evaluation and design for stormwater and surface water management systems.
- As a stormwater management task lead and engineer of record, collaborate with a team of support professionals, including but not limited to drafters, EIT’s, GIS technicians, and technical editors. Responsibilities also include active management of Task specific scope, schedule and budget. Project management experience is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal stormwater management designs standards.
- Opportunity to coach and mentor entry level staff.
- Interface with clients and public agencies on an as-needed basis.
- Assistance in Business Development efforts (e.g. engagement in professional organizations and visibility efforts), preparing proposals and participating in interviews as needed
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- 6 or more years of experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer programs
- Leading project teams in collecting data, writing reports, and preparing plans specifications and cost estimates for river, estuary, and shoreline restoration projects
- Experience with aquatic resource permits, transportation infrastructure, and construction support services
- Project management and business development experience is beneficial
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional, financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals