Flatiron Constructors has an immediate opening in its Technical Services Group (TSG) department for a Senior Water Resources Engineer with extensive drainage design experience to provide technical leadership, oversight and interdisciplinary coordination on complex transportationinfrastructure Alternative Delivery Method (e.g. PPP, Design-Build) projects throughout the US and Canada. TSG is Flatiron’s Center of Technical Excellence and Design Expertise located in Broomfield, CO. As a TSG team member, you will provide innovative, optimized technical & value engineering solutions for Design & Construction challenges. You will contribute through all phases of project delivery, from conceptual design through final construction.
- Lead as the overall supervisor of technical operations. This includes, but is not limited to: oversight on all drainage temporary and permanent works design, schedule and budget performance, quality of engineering solutions and deliverables, and coordination of design throughout procurement and construction;
- Provide project engineering duties, including but not limited to: preparation of design criteria and basis, and performing specialized engineering, analysis and design;
- Perform interdisciplinary peer-/constructability review of design deliverables for optimization, compliance with contract documents, and identification and implementation new technologies that provide a competitive advantage;
- Lead technical meetings and discussions; and strategize solutions to complex or unique Design & Construction challenges;
- Assist senior management team in on technical risk assessment and mitigation;
- Provide engineering decisions within the criteria set by applicable policies, standards and contract commitments for each project;
- Support design coordination and liaisons with Clients and Subcontractors; interface with specialized consultants.
- Mentor junior staff in technical and professional development.
- Master’s Degree or greater (PhD) in Civil Engineering (or related field) with drainage design emphasis;
- 10+ years of progressive engineeringexperience, possessing a broad knowledge and hands-on experience in design/construction, and strong technical skills in drainage design with an emphasis on design-build delivery methods;
- Active Professional Engineer (PE) license is required;
- Experience with drainage design, detailed hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, and broad understanding of the following, including but not limited to: Hydrology (rainfall modeling, watershed analysis, discharge development and routing etc.); Hydraulics (pavement drainage, culverts, storm systems, pump stations, pressure pipe, bridge sizing and scour, sediment transport, revetment design, and coastal considerations for highway drainage, flood analysis, erosion control etc.); Drainage Design (drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation and other water resources projects etc.);
- Strong all-around theoretical knowledge of drainage engineering principles;
- Substantial analytical, numerical and industry design standards experience;
- Solid understanding of constructability and construction practices;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.