HDR is currently in need of a Senior Water Project Manager to work as a member of our Water Business Group in Kansas City or St. Louis, Missouri. This position will be responsible for assisting in the growth and development of the Water Market Sector in Missouri and Kansas; which includes projects such as water treatment facilities, pipelines and pump stations, and master planning. Primary responsibilities include advancing business development strategies, development and pursuit of new clients and new projects, client management, project management for key projects, technical input on projects, and staff development. Collaborate with other Business Class and Marketing staff in the pursuit of new projects, taking a leadership role in selected key pursuits. Serve as client manager for key clients providing leadership in addressing client issues and coordination of multiple projects. Serve as Project Manager for key/strategic projects, provide technical input for business class, and assist in developing capabilities of Business Class staff. Oversee development and direction of key Business Class staff.
• BS in Civil Engineering required.
• PE required
• 10+ years in the design of complex municipal water systems.
• Strong technical background and experience in designing treatment systems and water distribution systems.
• Proven project leadership, project management (staffing, schedule and budget) and mentoring skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with MS Office, MS Project required; SharePoint.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong business development and strategic planning skills.
• Excellent team player with ability to function effectively in a variety of roles on integrated project teams.
• MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering preferred.
• Preference given to local candidates.