Senior Water Engineer
Our client, a reputable, growing company is looking for a Senior Water Engineer to join their team in Milwaukee (preferred), Burlington, or Madison, WI. The Senior Water Engineer will manage the Water Department, supervise and coordinate the activities in support of corporate policies, goals and objectives, and will assist with managing projects, developing business, serving clients and designing drinking water projects corporately, with an emphasis in Wisconsin and Illinois. Projects include analysis, design and construction of water treatment plants, wells, water storage tanks, water pump stations, and distribution system evaluations/modeling. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, relocation and great benefits!
- Monitor department performance and evaluate staff regularly (client satisfaction, project schedule, project budget, billings, QA/QC).
- Build teams and assign staff to projects based on knowledge, skills and availability.
- Assist Marketing in preparation of proposals: project plan and approach, staff assignments, fee development and risk assessment.
- Plan department efforts, workload and budget.
- Develop and enhance client relationships and business growth.
- Review draft agreements. Provide input and approval for scope and fee.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring of project team members.
- Anticipate future work surplus or shortage.
- Develop department standards and perform quality control review.
- Direct staff development according to plans and personal skills; support in achieving goals.
- Assist with planning, developing, coordinating and ensuring the successful completion of projects.
- Lead single and multi-disciplined projects.
- Represent the company in client and agency meetings to resolve questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Communicate and coordinate efforts and ideas with peers and management team.
- Represent the company and become active with water industry organizations.
- Implement Corporate Strategic Plan.
- Create Business Unit Plan (BUP) to direct development of staff and products.
- Recognize staffing needs, assist with hiring.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the state of Wisconsin or other state with reciprocity in Wisconsin.
- B.S. degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Member of professional and technical societies. Publish professional papers.
- 8-15 years of related experience in project management and potable water design.
- MUST HAVE municipal water (versus wastewater) plant design experience in the Wisconsin region.
- Business development experience is required unless you are at a senior level.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Strong written, verbal, computer and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.