FTCH is seeking a Senior Engineer for a leadership position in the management and design of wastewater treatment projects.Specific duties will include:
- Management of projects, from concept through construction.
- Preparation of studies for facility master planning, alternatives analyses, feasibility studies, and preliminary engineering reports.
- Coordinating with staff from multiple design disciplines.
- Development of design documents and specifications, and obtaining construction permits from regulatory agencies.
- Managing and mentoring project staff.
- Making site visits to wastewater facilities to pursue project leads.
- Participation in the preparation of qualifications and proposals.
- Involvement in trade organizations (MWEA, WEF, etc.)
The duties will be performed in a team environment which consists of staff of varying experience levels that are in multiple office locations. The position offers the potential opportunity to transition into team leadership and market sector leadership roles.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Occasionally exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking. Will occasionally perform duties in the field and will be required to access and maneuver around project sites. Capable of traveling to and from projects is required. Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes. Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or a closely related field. Master of Science in Engineering preferred.
Desired Job Experience
- Registered Professional Engineer. Michigan registration preferred.
- 15+ years of primarily wastewater process experienceworking with local and regional utilities. Michigan experiencepreferred.
- Strong technical experience in wastewater facility planning and design.
- Project management experience.
- Self-motivation. Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel.Ability to confidently interact with clients and potential clients.