Entravision Communications Corporation (NYSE: EVC) one of the fastest growing Hispanic multi-media companies seeks an SVP. Responsible for managing all aspects of operations in order to increase news and programming ratings and garner a greater share of market revenue. Successful candidate will be an exceptionally skilled, results-oriented, confident and self-motivated team player. The duties and responsibilities of this position involve the management of the enterprise in which he or she is employed or of a customarily recognized department or subdivision therein; customarily and regularly directs the work of two or more other employees therein; has the authority to hire or fire and advance, promote or any other change of status of employees; and customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgement.
1. Directs the station's day-to-day operations and provides strong leadership and motivation to the entire staff by hands-on example.
2. Oversees performance of all department heads and holds them accountable for performance against predetermined goals.
3. Ensures that sound policies, systems, and performance goals are in place for all areas of the organization, in accordance with Entravision's corporate policies.
4. Oversees the financial activities of the station, increasing cash flow to meet the station's goals. Manages and reviews budgets.
5. Oversees marketing strategy and execution. Works closely with marketing/promotions to create and enhance brand awareness.
6. Develops and maintains an effective working environment that encourages high productivity, supports good staff relations, and provides a challenging climate for all employees.
7. Establishes and maintains strong community relationships, especially with the Latino community leaders and their organizations.
8. Develops and maintains strong relationships with every head-end manager and all regional managers.
1. Strategic Thinking.
2. A Self-Motivated Team Player.
3. Excellent People Skills.
4. Strong Leadership Qualities.
5. Tough but Fair Negotiator.
6. Ability to Communicate Effectively.
7. Capability of Rapidly Establishing Credibility and Respect.
8. Sound Judgment and Impeccable Integrity.
Reports directly to Executive Vice President
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full Time position. Actual hours and schedule may vary.
Travel is required in and outside of the local market.
Required Education and Experience
1. CRM experience mandatory.
2. Established record of success in increasingly responsible management positions in a broadcasting company.
3. Demonstrated expertise in sales as well as knowledge and familiarity encompassing all aspects of advertising, media, promotions, news, and finance.
4. Capable of rapidly establishing credibility and respect with superiors, peers, and subordinates and community at large.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bilingual in Spanish/English.