5 - 7 years
Posted 112 days ago
Senior Volunteer Recruitment Specialist
As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. You could provide your services directly to the American public or support to the people who do. Both roles help further the mission of the Red Cross. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
We are currently seeking a Senior Volunteer Recruitment Specialist for our Maine Region. Employee can work in our Portland, Topsham or Bangor location.
The Senior Volunteer Recruitment Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing broad-based recruitment strategies to attract and identify Red Cross volunteers to effectively support the Maine Region's goals and mission critical activities.
Specific job duties: focus on volunteer recruitment; build and manage partner relationships; build a volunteer recruitment team.
1. Achieve assigned recruitment metrics that will meet specific volunteer needs identified through the Volunteer Needs Assessment tool. Emphasis placed on geography, skill sets, availability and leadership experience. Actively engage in direct, focused, targeted volunteer recruiting within the region through various resource pools, networks and social media.
2. Identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with key volunteer recruitment agencies or organizations, market segments and other populations to recruit volunteers to meet regional recruitment metrics, and to build a strong volunteer candidate pipeline based on needs assessments. This may include leveraging recruitment venues, in-person presentations, social mediacampaigns and identifying user groups and professional associations which could lead to qualified candidates.
3. Partner with internal staff to strengthen existing relationships and identify and evaluate prospective new volunteer recruitment sources and partnerships within the Region.
4. Evaluate and modify recruitment strategies based on lessons learned.
5. Coach, develop and lead volunteer recruitment teams (paid and volunteers), and foster a culture of volunteerism that supports and assists in implementing regional recruitment strategies. Provide appropriate performance feedback and guidance.
6. Using the Red Cross brand, collaborate with national and regional marketing and communications teams to leverage existing or develop new recruitment materials; and create presentations to ensure maximum effectiveness for online and in-person targeted recruitment efforts.
7. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining accurate records of all potential and actual volunteer leads through the appropriate volunteer tracking tool.
8. Prepare and maintain monthly reports on specific regional volunteer recruitment activity.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent combination of related education and experiencerequired.
Experience: Minimum 5-7 years related experience required.
Minimum 6 months supervisory experience
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in training and presentation skills, as well as the ability to relate effectively to people of diverse backgrounds and education levels.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit diverse individuals for multiple positions.
• Knowledge of group dynamics, direct sales, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs preferred.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple and continuously evolving priorities effectively are required.
• Recruiting experience or the ability to effectively communicate and represent Red Cross mission and activities in a positive and realistic manner preferred.
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.