Founded in 2007, Phone.com, is an award winning tech company, whose mission is to be the world’s most convenient self-service cloud communications platform for entrepreneurs and small companies. Our virtual phone service delivers a complete suite of enterprise-grade, unified, communication services at an SMB price. With offices in both San Diego, California and Newark, New Jersey, our team has built the most robust business communications platform on the planet – always available, cloud based phone system that grows with our clients’ business.
Our Company is currently looking for a Senior VoIP Platform Engineer/Developer to work in our Poway, California location. As a Senior VoIP Platform Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design, configure, code and perform planning and support of our network infrastructure and customer enterprise network solutions. In this role you will troubleshoot, implement and administer VOIP systems as well as executing and developing VOIP network architecture and design guidelines. Reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering you will act as the escalation point to other team members.
- Design, administer, maintain and support of the availability, performance and security of the VOIP network systems that include Routers, Firewalls, Switches, SBCs, PBX platforms, Circuits and servers evidencing strong knowledge of security, switching, and routing technologies with a focus on Freeswitch as a PBX platform
- Implement PBX features as needed and defined by business
- Interact with other departments to execute project tasks including progress tracking with minimal oversight to deliver network projects in a timely manner to the business
- Prioritize and resolve trouble/request tickets including immediate escalation urgent issue resolution
- Analyze and evaluate network performance and provide solutions to optimize traffic flows, security, and processes
- Analyze network capacity issues and develop capacity planning models
- 5 + years of hands on VOIP Network Engineering experience and/or a Degree in Information Systems
- 5+ years of proven record of troubleshooting, operating and improving: Complex national large enterprise VOIP networks, Large regional, national, or international carrier-grade SIP VoIP networks A thorough understanding and hands-on working knowledge of carrier-grade VoIP infrastructure, specifically SBC clusters (Sansay, Acme, Sonus) and End point devices (Polycom VVX, Cisco SPA and ATA, Grandstream)
- Working knowledge of Kamailio and Freeswitch configuration and scripting ( XML dial plans and configuration files, LUA scripting)
- Able to understand and analyze WireShark results to solve complex SIP VoIP and IP internetworking challenges.
- Able to be flexible to work off hours, nights, and weekends if required
- Deep working knowledge of bash, Perl and/or Python for system programming.
- Hands-on working knowledge of Cisco routers and switches
- Computer Science or related industry or equivalent training and experience.
- Cisco CCNP (or equivalent knowledge)
- Able to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Communicate clearly and effectively with peers and management in a team environment.
- Mentor and serve as the escalation point to other team members.
- Proficient in documentation, reporting and knowledge transfer.
- Excellent research, organizational and analytical skills.
We offer exceptional Benefits including:
- 100% Company Paid Health Insurance for you AND your family!
- 100% Company Paid Dental insurance
- 100% Company Paid Vision insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent, and Transportation
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
We offer Additional Perks including:
- Free Breakfast Mondays and Free Lunch Thursdays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible schedule
If you’d like to be part of a winning, creative team, then come unleash your potential with Phone.com as a Senior VoIP Platform Engineer/Developer, where you’ll be enhancing the lives of our customers and your career.