Senior Voice Engineer ( UCC / Skype for Business )
We are looking for Senior Voice Engineer (UCC / Skype for Business for our client in ?????Sunnyvale, CA
Job Title: Senior Voice Engineer (UCC / Skype for Business)
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
About the Position:
Senior Voice Engineer (UCC / Skype for Business):
- The senior voice engineer role is responsible for planning, managing, implementing and integrating the voice infrastructureassociated with Client Networks facilities. This individual applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert. The senior voice engineer will leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams, organizations, and may participate in cross-functional initiatives as required. The ideal candidate would have experience in building, running and maintaining a Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business onprem environment and be MCSE Communications certified.
- Responsible for the analysis, evaluation of existing services/technologies (Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, Sonus SBCs, AudioCodes Voice Gateways and SBCs and ININ/Genesys), as well as, the recommendation of additions, improvements, and changes in the voice infrastructure and services.
- Monitor corporate and remote telecommunications voice systems to identify and solve technical operating problems as they occur.
- Manages and maintains Client?s voice circuits (PRI, FXS/FXO and SIP Trunk), Analog Gateways and FoIP - Fax over IP.
- Perform as project manager or lead in voice related projects and new technology applications and moves/adds/changes globally.
- Coordinate installation and planning of related telecommunication equipment and services throughout the enterprise.
- Liaison with telecommunications vendors during trouble determination, evaluation, and resolution and processes all repair orders accurately and quickly to ensure technician response. Escalates issues and tracks service requests and repairs through resolution.
- Manages/performs software changes required for telephone, software groups, system parameters, class of service and moves/adds/changes.
- Maintains accurate records of system database, trunk facilities, building floor plans, project repair orders, and circuit connectivity worksheets.
- Coordinates activities with business and facilities organizational partners with equipment vendors and telephone companies.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, Voice, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum 4 years related experience in voice and information technology solutions design and service management including SBCs and SIP Trunks.
- Minimum 4 years related experience working with Skype for Business / Microsoft Lync 2013 / Lync 2010 / OCS 2007 R2 enterprise voice.
- In-depth knowledge of UCC instant messaging, web conferencing and voice architecture for medium to large-scale corporate organizations.
- In-depth knowledge of Skype/Lync enterprise voice concepts and strong PSTN knowledge. Experience with Dial Plans, Voice Policies, Unified Messaging, SIP trunks, audio gateways and audio conferencing.
- SBC-Session Border Controller and Voice Gateway experience (Audiocodes and Sonus).
- Experience with Analog lines, devices and gateways integration (Analog Line, FAX, Cyberdata and FXS/FXO interface).
- Contact Center experience with Genesys environments and Skype Response Group Service;
- Extensive experience on Microsoft Skype/Lync services in high availability and disaster recovery.
- Hands-on experience in Active Directory, load balancing, reverse proxy, DNS, certificate and related components.
- Knowledge on PowerShell scripting.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certified Preferred
- Thorough knowledge/understanding of current and emerging technologies, including: WAN, PRIs, T1s, VoIP, SIP, etc.
- In depth experience with multi-site, global IP telephony and contact center rollouts/migrations
- Consistently shows initiative, strong teamwork, high productivity, strong organization skills, high quality/accurate work products, and experience working in a global, virtual team.
- Excellent communication skills in writing, presenting, informing and active listening, team player, excellent people skills, out-of-the-box thinker, and ability to interact with all levels of resources in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple organizations and achieve results.
- Must have experience working in a matrix, distributed team environment. Able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and project management in both the business and the technical areas, with the ability to keep discussions at the appropriate level.
- Independence and ownership: work with a minimum of direct supervision or guidance from others. Takes ownership for actions, seeks feedback and takes direction to support Client Networks? goals.