The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of people, processes and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing in this role:
The Senior VoIP Engineer performs a broad variety of technical engineering support, design, architecture for monitoring and managing the Health Systems data infrastructure and systems. Develops and implements standards, policies and procedures, and works as a liaison with contractors and vendors to ensure the integrity and security of the network and infrastructure. Serves as a mentor for Network/Systems Engineers and work independently to come up with network designs and assemble and guide implementation teams. Performs maintenance, and upgrades of networks, including servers, routers, switches, phones, VoIP software and other voice related components. Monitors network connectivity and ensures high quality data transmission. Manages day-to-day issues and maintains the enterprise Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Leads and assists in the evaluation of new applications for the Health System, determines their effect on the existing network and systems infrastructure and perimeter; recommends and provides aspects of any vital operational or security enhancements
- Participates or leads the design, implementation, maintenance, and modification of network and voice related systems with respects to functionality, performance, scalability, process, and reliability.
- Provides a key responsibility in the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems and malfunctions related to network and voice infrastructure.
- Promotes governance and compliance with security standards, policies and procedures
- Participates or collaborates in policy creation, performing periodic security reviews of existing information systems, and assisting in the requirements and solution definition process for new CSHS information systems.
- Helps manage contractors and consultants performing network and voice related projects
- Ability to be highly organized with a demonstrated aptitude to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, manage several broad-scope projects at one time, and utilize time effectively for staff and self
- 5+ years’ experience as a Network or Systems Engineer in a sophisticated multi-platform, multi-protocol environment.
- Experienced in planning, designing, and implementing voice networks equipped with 10,000 plus nodes with large domains and deployments.
- Experience with selection and strategic direction of network and voice technologies and architecture
- Solid grasp in network monitoring, analysis, management, and configuration tools or expertise with server/systems monitoring and management tools.
- Experience with and understanding of business/clinical applications within a healthcare environment.
- A packet level expertise in network traffic analysis.
- Experience in LAN and WAN operation, routing, topology, QoS, Multicast, network protocols, and SDWAN.
- Experience and in –depth knowledge of the following: routers, routing protocols, CUCM, UCCE, VoIP gateways, SRST-survivability, Telepresence, SIP, H.323, SCCP and MGCP protocols
Education & Licenses/Certifications Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or engineering subject area.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (minimum). CCDP, CCNP, CCIE. (preferred network or voice related)