The Senior Voice / Data Network Engineer is a senior leadership position with hands-on involvement within the Network Administration group responsible for the voice, data and video networks. The Senior Voice / Data Network Engineer oversees staff and projects in support of the networktechnology platform which includes Cisco VoIP (CUCM, CUP, CUC, UCCX and Expressway), Pulse Secure VPN gateways, NICE Call Recording, Cisco Switches and Routers, Cisco Firewalls, network monitoring tools (SolarWinds and Variphy) and assorted software (conferencing solutions and Jabber).
- Manage staff. Oversee the work of Network Operations Specialists and external contract staff.
- Develop and socialize strategies.
- Prepare implementation designs.
- Develop and execute formal plans.
- Define, document, and enforce network standards.
- Engage vendors to provide Statements of Work for Professional Services and solutions, hardware configurations and software configurations.
- Maintain and support voice and data network equipment and software.
- Monitor the network platform. Detect, diagnose, and resolve voice and data network problems and outages.
- Support Information Security equipment including Firewalls and Intrusion Detection equipment.
- Install, configure and patch network devices and software.
- Supporting day-to-day operations including Move/Add/Change, user requests and network changes.
- Implement features and enhancements to support business initiatives and networkinfrastructure improvements.
- Participate in projects including branch build outs, relocations and closures.
- Report status.
- Contribute to the preparation and tracking of budgets.
- CISCO CCNP/Collaboration or equivalent experience
- Able to work outside of regular business hours when needed
- Able to exercise sound, independent judgment
- High School degree or equivalent (college degreepreferred)
- At least 2 years of experience managing staff
- At least 2 years of recent experience in project management
- At least 2 years of recent experience designing, implementing and configuring voice and/or data networks
- At least 5 years of recent experience managing a Voice Network
- Cisco Unified Communications and UC applications
- Cisco Voice Gateways
- POTS and VoIP telephone circuits
- Voice Network performance tuning and troubleshooting
- At least 2 years of recent experience managing a Cisco Data NetworkCisco Routers
- Cisco Switches
- Cisco Nexus 5K Switches
- Data Network performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of: EIGRP network routing protocol, BGP network routing protocol, VPN platforms (Pulse Secure preferred), Cisco ASA Firewalls, Converged voice/data MPLS and DMVPNnetworks
- Financial Services work experience (Banking is a plus)
- Experience and knowledge of VMware and Cisco UCS Servers
- Experience with Call Recording and Call Reporting software (NICE and Variphy are plusses)
- Knowledge of NOC tools (SolarWinds are sniffers are a plus)