As a Senior Visual Designer for BarkleyREI, you will employ skill and knowledge in the craft of Design across the digital space to create experiences that are distinctive and memorable. You will be called upon to push the boundaries of typography, color, pattern, imagery, and technology in the service of great ideas, while upholding accessibility and usability. You’ll think in terms of need, purpose, and systems before executions.
You’re empathetic, dangerously curious, and you thrive in a collaborative team environment.The ideal candidate exhibits a discerning eye and impeccable design sensibilities. They understand the specific business case and strategy for every project, and appreciate the value of balancing business need with user need. They are well versed in the principles of Responsive Design and understand that effective and memorable digital experiences occur at the intersection of Visual Design, User Experience, and Content Strategy.
- Work alongside a multi-disciplinary team Information Architects, UX Designers, Content Managers, Content Strategists, Copywriters & Visual Designers in addition to Client Service, Project Management, Development and Digital Marketing teams to create purposeful digital experiences for our clients.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, and technical requirements into solutions that are visually enticing, intuitively usable, and emotionally engaging.
- Support the design of multiple projects in multiple styles simultaneously.
- Work autonomously, as part of a team, and provide mentorship to junior designers as necessary.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for time management, organization, and communication.
- Generate clear ideas, explore conceptual directions, and execute high quality visual project solutions from beginning to end.
- Present the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find, while adhering to accessibility standards.
- Support the Associate Design Director on visual design across projects by providing clear direction to junior visual designers and freelance resources when necessary.
- Oversee and support the creation of documentation, reference materials, and necessary artifacts to guide internal development teams.
- Clearly and effectively present recommendations to clients both in-person and remote as necessary.
- Mentor junior members of the Experience Design Team as necessary.
- Maintain a current understanding of the latest industry, technology, and design trends.
- Minimum of eight to ten years of professional experience.
- Relevant education and experience in the design field.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, communication skills, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to various stakeholders internally and externally..Extremely outgoing, personable, and positive attitude toward colleagues and clients. Attitude is everything.
- Strong working knowledge of Atomic Design methodology and creating comprehensive Digital Design Systems and style guides.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of Responsive Web Design, various frameworks, content management systems, and the technical constraints associated with each.
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills.
- Experience designing accessible products that uphold WCAG standards.
- Ability to pivot quickly from high level strategic thinking to tactical execution.
- Driven to learn new skills, share knowledge and support other teammates.
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite, and other relevant design tools.
- Working understanding of HTML5 and CSS3Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of digital design, and how you have successfully implemented it for clients. Demonstrating the approach, processes, and methodology that led to the final output.
- Experience Design Thinking Methodology
- Experience working with with Higher Education Clients