Senior Virtualization Engineer ( Citrix )
5 - 7 years experience • Restaurants & Food Services
As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Senior Virtualization Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the virtual infrastructure focusing on the Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop platform. The candidate should be experienced in supporting multi-vendor virtualization technologies and server hardware environments. The candidate should also display the ability to work in a large scale, fast paced, and cross-functional team environment.
- Perform system administration of the virtual infrastructure including VMware, Citrix, Cisco, and othertechnologies.
- Provide Tier III support for the virtual infrastructure by investigating and troubleshooting incidents and issues to resolution and providing well documented status updates.
- Provide day to day support for the virtual infrastructure including new system delivery, preventative maintenance, and proactive availability.
- Performance and capacity monitoring and reporting.
- Manage and ensure that ticket queues are being properly addressed in the time outlined by SLA’s.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Participate in Change Management, Problem Management, and Incident Management calls.
- Participate in 24 x 7 On-Call rotation as scheduled
- Advanced troubleshooting, analytical, and problem resolution abilities.
- Strong technical knowledge of most versions of Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop, including 7.6.
- Strong technical knowledge of most versions of VMware vSphere including 6.0.
- Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure applications such as Active Directory, DNS, load balancing, caching and intrusion detection.
- Experience using diagnostic, monitoring and change management tools (CA Service Desk, SCOM, SCCM).
- Experience in implementing and managing multiple virtual environments public (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure) and private.
- Excellent knowledge about management and automation tools (vCenter, vRealize Operations, vRealize Automation, Log Insight, Citrix Studio, Citrix Director, Citrix HDX Insight, Citrix NetScaller, Cisco UCSM, Cisco UCS Director, Microsoft Powershell).
- Experience with Application Virtualization Technologies (Microsoft (App-V), VMware ThinApp, and Citrix AppDisk).
- Knowledge of and experience doing a one-to-one and one-to-many configuration/deployment of VMware SRM.
- Knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) based technologies (EMC, NetApp).
- A general knowledge of server, network, and backup technologies.
- The ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment with minimal supervision to achieve project milestones and deadlines.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- At least four (4) years experience of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop administration
- Experience that includes at least two (2) years in a technical role in a large enterprise environment.
- Citrix Certified Associate - Virtualization (CCA-V) certification
- Four year college degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent. (education)
- (Computer skills/programs)
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least two (2) years experience of VMware vSphere administration
- At least two (2) years experience of Cisco UCS administration
- VMware Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
- Cisco Certification (Data Center Unified Computing)