Job ID: 18017193
Virtual Workspace Service Operations Manager
Provide technical leadership to ensure world class performance of critical underpinning end-user Virtual Workspace Systems infrastructure. Collaborate with infrastructure, engineering & application owners to ensure end- to- end technology solutions meet business availability requirements.
Technical leadership position requiring broad technology infrastructure and IT services industry expertise; with strong interpersonal skills who can provide technical thought leadership on a global scale.
Key Accountability & Responsibilities:
• End-to-end service ownership and operational responsibility for a number of user facing deployment platforms and services within the end-user-computing space; including but not limited to Virtual Workspace Services – VDI, Cloud Desktop, Citrix, VMWare Horizon, Netscaler, F5, ThinApp, Appsense User Rights Management, Storefront, Access Tier technologies Edge device support
• Act as the primary liaison between CATE engineering, application managers and infrastructure support teams to influence EUC Virtual Workspace Service product roadmaps and strategic product selection
• Drive total quality improvement of Virtual Workspace Service infrastructure solutions to minimize and eliminate incidents due to architecture or design defects (SPOF), capacity related incidents, and EOL/EOVS infrastructure.
• Work with application managers and LOBs on improving Software Lifecycle process to reduce end user software at risk for retirement and EOVS.
• Work with CATE and others to produce/implement a transparent process for end user software requests and desktop migrations.
• Work to simplify the environment by remediating EOL/EOVS infrastructure and managing the estate to Global currency and configuration standards.
• Lead service/platform based service improvement plans to address deficiencies in technology solutions and operational processes including service design, service transition, capacity management, incident, change, problem and event management.
• Promote adoption of highly scalable, well-conditioned architecture standards, identify and remediate single points of failure in the infrastructure/application design.
• Develop relationships with key customers to identify emerging needs.
• Work with capacity and performance monitoring teams to ensure infrastructure and application monitoring accurately trends usage patterns and future capacity requirements.
• Collaborate with client managers, project managers, application and infrastructure teams to plan and assist with business critical software delivery.
• Manage through metrics to measure effectiveness of process improvements and business value.
• Accountable for root cause analysis for Severity 1, Severity 2, and chronic recurring incidents that impact the business sector.
The job offers the opportunity for the candidate to advance in a core leadership role that will leverage both their leadership abilities and technical skills while building experience within the Citi global organization and increasing technical knowledge to various options within the platform.
• Management oversight of 10-15 full time employees, plus managed service providers.
• Operational management of the following assets:
o 200,000 Virtual Workspace instances
o Internal and Third Party user management
o 40+ build groups supporting up to 15,000 desktop application versions
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our missionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
•Expert infrastructure knowledge with at least 10 years experience in large mission-critical non-stop environments
•Experience with large scale desktop/application virtualization clients managing 200,000 Virtual Workspace instance at a Global scale.
• Hands on work history with large scale implementations and management of Citrix or VMWare Horizon.
•Proficient in maturing operational process capabilities including incident, change, problem and event management.
•Active Directory design knowledge.
•Knowledge of IT project plan development and rollout. Industry expert in Virtual Workspace Service design and implementation skills.
•Experience presenting to senior executives and capable of distilling complex technical discussion into succinct presentations that can influence the target audience and motivate to action
•Ability to effectively mentor managers and engineers, and able to influence others outside of direct management control.
•Outstanding written and verbal communications and able to present to the Executive level.
•Bachelor degree in computer science or other related equivalent work experience.
•Proven problem solving skills with a proven track record of service delivery and able to work under pressure, managing multiple concurrent tasks under aggressive deadlines.
Job ID: 18017193