The Mixer Video team is looking for a technical Program Manager who is motivated and ready to join a collaborative, dynamic team. We build the tools and services for streaming video on Mixer and for watching your favorite Mixer streamers. You will have opportunity to demonstrate your passion for gaming and for live streaming by sharing your creative and innovative ideas. If you are ready to build highly reliable services and deeply engaging experiences for streamers and their community of viewers, we'd love to hear from you.
As a member of the Mixer Video PM team, you will:
- Ensure that streaming to Mixer and watching streams on Mixer is a reliable and delightful experience.
- Identify optimizations to make playback more reliable under a variety of network conditions and on all Mixer endpoints.
- Define creative and novel viewing experiences for making Mixer the best place to watch all varieties of content, from e-sporting events to solo streamers.
- Identify improvements and optimizations to our video distribution services in support of small- and large-scale broadcasts.
- Collaborate with our partner management team to support Mixer content creators streaming to our platform.
- Engage with a growing community of passionate game streamers to understand their challenges and help create prioritized solutions for improving their streaming experience.
- Define creative features for streamers based on community feedback and long-term strategy.
- Identify improvements and optimizations to our video ingest services in support of small- and large-scale broadcasts.
- Develop project roadmaps and collaborate across multiple disciplines to ship high quality features on-time.
- Report to your peers and the leadership team on the metrics and goals for your features and program areas.
- 5+ years of program management experience, working through the full product cycle from initial planning and design to ongoing operation.
- BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with designers, program managers, and software developers to build engaging customer experiences.
- Experience building UI and user experiences.
- Ability to negotiate and align work across multiple teams.
- Strong and proven customer empathy.
- A passion for gaming and game streaming.
Nice to have
- Experience building highly available, highly scalable services.
- Experience building video playback UI and user experiences.
- Experience using game streaming products (OBS, Xsplit, Livestream, etc.).
- Understanding of audio/video compression technologies (H.264, HEVC, OPUS, AAC).
- Experience with low-latency and streaming media transports (WebRTC, RTP, HLS, MPEG-DASH).